This is just wrong

Harrald

It seems that Brians Lame Roadside Cache #2 is stumping more than a few GeoCachers.

The to add insult to injury I just read this post

July 13 by DavidL (DavidL) (30 found)

Headed out to the cache after dinner with my older daughter. About 2 mins after we got there, a vehicle pulls up over the bridge, turns around and parks. Out pops a fellow that walks towards me and says he knows what I'm doing. It was Brian himself checking on the cache. He said it was there. And then he hopped back in and off he drove with his wife.

Well, another hour looking and looking and we came up empty icon_frown.gif

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Nobody can be so amusingly arrogant as a young man who has just discovered an old idea and thinks it is his own.

Sydney J. Harris

I was returning from Artful Dodger's excellent Cauldrons of Courage cache and decided to check up on this one. As I turned onto the bridge, I see a guy and his daughter on the bridge. The guy holding a sheet of paper and a GPS. I had a pretty good idea as to what they were up to, so I verbally gave him the extra clue I've e-mailed to those who've asked.

This one has stumped a lot. I think everyone but Bassoonpilot needed multiple trips and an extra hint from me.

"Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Dave Barry

There's an exception to every rule. Out of all the caches I've placed, this is the only one that was placed with the specific intent to stump people. So the hint, though useful, isn't a dead giveaway.

"Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Dave Barry

quote:
Originally posted by StayFloopy:

The good news is once you've figured this one out, any other cache hidden in the same way will be very easy.

Or, if you find one of the other caches first, I'm guessing this one would be easy? >grin<

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

I think everyone but Bassoonpilot needed multiple trips and an extra hint from me.

Truth be told - I gave BassoonPilot the exact information required to just walk up and see it. As for me - I found the cache so ridiculously easy and obvious, I didn't bother leaving my living room or spending the 2 minutes logging the find. icon_wink.gif Laa-Dee-Dah.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Take everything you like seriously, except yourselves. - Rudyard Kipling (1865 - 1936)

[This message was edited by HartClimbs on July 14, 2003 at 01:45 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by HartClimbs:

Truth be told - I gave BassoonPilot the exact information required to just walk up and see it. As for me - I found the cache so ridiculously easy and obvious, I didn't bother leaving my living room or spending the 2 minutes logging the find. icon_wink.gif Laa-Dee-Dah.

... And all the monkeys aren't in the zoo

Every day you meet quite a few ...

quote:

Truth be told - I gave BassoonPilot the exact information required to just walk up and see it.

Dear me - I realize the error of my earlier post. I had provided the hints to ACME GEOCACHER...not BassoonPilot. Sorry for any confusion.

I in no way meant to assert that BP would ever require assistance. Apologies to any offended - I will inform the NYTimes as well of the error.

Take everything you like seriously, except yourselves. - Rudyard Kipling (1865 - 1936)

... A pig is an animal with mud on its face

His shoes are a terrible disgrace ...

quote:

Dear me

Oh, "go shake your fist" at it. Perhaps that will help dislodge the bug up your ***.

[This message was edited by BassoonPilot on July 18, 2003 at 04:15 AM.]

quote:
Oh, "go shake your fist" at it. Perhaps that will help dislodge the bug up your ***.

I'm on to you Hart. I bet 'BassoonPilot' is your sock puppet account. You use this sock puppet account to annoy almost everyone on the Geocaching messageboards. Am I right? Come on Hart, fess up!

Mxyz.....you've outted me. icon_wink.gif

Unfortunately, someone must have stolen the account last night since I certainly didn't write the last post...I'd never stoop to (what appear to be) vulgarities.

Laa-dee-dah

Sorry bub. I thought you packed up all your caches and archived them (or at least most of them) before I started the game. No cache thief here - you'd best cast insinuations elsewhere.

Besides, it looks like you've got plenty of ardent fans.

I'm sure everyone's enjoyed this interchange - but I'll defer to you for the last word.

Laa-dee-dah.

In an effort to put this thread back on target (That target being Brians backside) I found the cache in question.

Brian is an EVIL man. I may tell a few cachers I know on the other side of the country about this cache. It's right up there with some of the better suburban hides.

EVIL!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Nobody can be so amusingly arrogant as a young man who has just discovered an old idea and thinks it is his own.

Sydney J. Harris

quote:
Perhaps that will help dislodge the bug up your ***.

I find it amazing to believe that a man who could find lame roadside so easily, a man who routinely logs find that are "car to cache and back to car in 18 minutes", a man who can find level 5 difficulties, cant tell the difference between his own *** and Hart's ***. You'd think the bug would be easy enough to spot.

Sorry for diverting this thread off topic. I just came back from outer schlobovia where I ran into ACME geocachers while on the hunt for some caches that, dag nab it, just eluded me. Lately my luck hasnt been very good, especially today.

quote:
Let's see ... there's you, Moe, Larry and Shemp ... did I miss any other "stooges?"

of course! Curly! (which would be me I guess...)

william

alt.gif

I am not smart enough or witty enough to think of anything worthy of a sig line (like la-de-da). As a result I've never had a sig, never will.

[This message was edited by Gwho on July 19, 2003 at 05:28 PM.]

As the fellow quoted in the original post of this thread, I really think this cache was a lot of fun. Like me, my oldest daughter (9 yrs old) hates coming away with a DNF and would spend hours on end looking for something.

I think with this one, she'll never let me forget that she wanted to do something that I wouldn't let her, and we would have found the cache on the first attempt.

As for meeting Brian, my daughter has told multiple people since then that we met the person that hid the cache. She thinks it's very special that it happened.

It's really a fun one. Frustrating, but fun. And now that I've logged it (and watch the cache) I'll get to enjoy everyone else's frustration and success!

It's a great cache Brian!

icon_cool.gif