Old (really old) Mapsource USTOPO on 64st?

I just ordered a Garmin 64st. I have a 60csx but wanted full paperless functionality and the ability to find chirp caches.

The 64 comes preloaded with the 100k TOPO maps.

I think the old version of map source I have is also 100k. Is it even still compatible? If I try to install it on my computer, will it update to whatever the latest version of map source is?

If you had this software, what would you do with it? As I recall it was pretty expensive at the time, somewhere around $80, and I remember there were a few updates to it. I bought it back around 2000 give or take a couple years, and the last time I ran it on a computer was probably 2008 or 2009 with windows Vista.

I also have a Nuvi with lifetime map updates but I am guessing there is no way to transfer the city maps from the Nuvi to the 64st. Though I have managed to put the USTOPO maps on an older Nuvi via the SD card.

If you recently ordered a 64st, it should have "TOPO US 100K v5" preloaded. From the gps map page, hit menu and select map to see what you have. Also, mapsourse still works perfectly with this GPS, note: (Basecamp's a newer program). You can buy CityNav Maps from Garmin that will give you streets in detail, or try OSM http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl/ and simply pick the area you want to download. Once you get the file by email download it and send it to you GPS in the normal manner using Mapsource. Hope this helps Peoria Bill :>)