Questions About 10 Years and 15 Years Geocoins

LestISmiteThee

Hello!

(The img tag isn't working for me so I've provided links instead.)

I've seen the following Geocoins celebrating the 10-Year Anniversary of Geocaching ~

This one -- Available in various colors

And this one -- Available in various colors

This Micro Geocoin

And these two 10 Years Geocoins shown in this photo.

Does anyone know what specific events, shops, and/or regions these coins are from? I'm especially looking for information on the two coins shown in the last photo.

Now that the 15-Year Anniversary of Geocaching is coming up, I'm also looking for special coins for that too.

So far, I've seen ~

This one

And the ones in this Geocaching forum thread.

Has anyone seen others that are getting made soon?

Thanks for the info!

Edited by LestISmiteThee

My link

^ this will help

once you click the hyperlink, note the tabs at the top

Thanks for the link! The photos of the 10 Years of Geocaching Multi Event Geocoins Collection was very helpful, especially since I haven't come across that particular design before.

The page didn't include the other coin designs, so I'm still seeking info on the other coins too. Please let me know if you have more info!

I messaged shop.geocaching.com and coinsandpins.com to see if they were going to have 15 Years Geocoins and they both replied that they will have something ~

shop.geocaching.com:

Thanks for contacting us. We are going to have a coin, hopefully by the end of April. We will also be rolling out other 15 year anniversary merchandise as well. If you are not already signed up for our shop newsletter, you can do that on the front of our shop page. We always send out info on the new merchandise as it rolls in.

coinsandpins.com:

We currently have a 15 Years of Geocaching coin in production and should have them in stock the beginning of May. If you sign up for our newsletter on our website, you will be notified when they come out.
Edited by LestISmiteThee

This Micro Geocoin

And these two 10 Years Geocoins shown in this photo.

Does anyone know what specific events, shops, and/or regions these coins are from? I'm especially looking for information on the two coins shown in the last photo.

Returning for a moment to the question about the 10 year coins, I believe the 10! design was put out by Groundspeak. The events that fell on the 10 year anniversary had the design for the icon. e.g.:

http://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GCX00R_10-years-bridgewater-nova-scotia

Here's a 10 year geocoin I didn't see you mention, celebrating 10 years of geocaching in Canada.

geocoin_10yr_NiRB.jpg

geocoin_10yr_gold.jpggeocoin_10years_allSets.jpg

Now, back to the discussion of the 15 year coins coming up. :)

Thanks for the info and pics, islander1988!

We attended a 10 Years event only a month after we started Geocaching, so I missed all the 10 Years products that were out at the time. I was able to buy an unactivated square 10 Years Geocoin from another cacher recently and just wanted to know what other 10 Years Geocoins were out there.

Looking forward to 15 Years!