Discovery Date

TerraViators

If you know the name of the trackable, go to your list of "discovered" logs and search for that name on the list page.

Thank you, Keystone. That is probably what I will have to do to find it. I was wondering if there is a way to find your discovered date from viewing the trackable page, rather than searching the logs. The reason I ask is two-fold. I'd like to quickly know if I've previously discovered a trackable and also to compile discovered dates for challenge caches. Thanks for the quick response, also.

Is there an easier way to find your discovery date on trackables other than searching the logs?

If you go to the page that maps the TBs path, then all the logs are listed on one page, so at least you don't have to search the pages one-by-one.

It seems obvious that several features standard to caches, such as showing that the viewer has found the cache and providing a link to their log, would be equally useful for TBs. I've seen people ask for that feature a few times, but nothing's been provided.

That's the only way I know of to perform a one-step search, because the trackable logs are paginated. For a busy trackable that's visited lots of events and made its way onto a "list," it is awfully time-consuming to find your own log on page 23. In such cases it's quicker to note the name and jump over to your list of logs.

There have been feature request threads asking for the date discovered / grabbed / retrieved by you to appear at the top right of the trackable's page, in much the same way as is done for finds on geocache listings.

Is there an easier way to find your discovery date on trackables other than searching the logs?

If you go to the page that maps the TBs path, then all the logs are listed on one page, so at least you don't have to search the pages one-by-one.

It seems obvious that several features standard to caches, such as showing that the viewer has found the cache and providing a link to their log, would be equally useful for TBs. I've seen people ask for that feature a few times, but nothing's been provided.

Once you get to that page (if using windows) hold CTRL and press F ... this will open a "find" pop-up window ... type in your username and your entry will be highlighted :)