Old School Travel Bug

Team Red Oak

Today as I was cleaning out some old cacheing stuff I found an old school stamped travel bug. But it was out of the bag with no activation code. I looked up the TB number to confirm that I never activated the bug. Does anyone know if there is a way to get a new activation code. I have both the bug and it's copy and I thought I would give it to a friend who would get a kick out of it if I can get a code.

Today as I was cleaning out some old cacheing stuff I found an old school stamped travel bug. But it was out of the bag with no activation code. I looked up the TB number to confirm that I never activated the bug. Does anyone know if there is a way to get a new activation code. I have both the bug and it's copy and I thought I would give it to a friend who would get a kick out of it if I can get a code.

sure can, when you go to activate it, there is something to ask for the acitvation code. it logs your ip in case your activating other peoples they can catch you. i use it all the time because its easier then keeping a punch of activation codes around.

as well i may buy this from you, i have been looking for an older trackable with less numbers in its code for getting a tattoo made. if your interested in selling it or trading it (like a geocoin for it or something) then PM me, If it's a nice code i like i will want it. (it's going on my body, so i'm waiting for a sequence i like :P)

If you have lost the activation code, and you're going to give it to someone any way, why not have that person activate it? If you activate it, then you would need to adopt it over to them.

Save a step, give it to the person, and let them retrieve the lost activation code.

http://www.geocaching.com/track/travelbugfaq.aspx

My activation code was missing/stolen/eaten by a pack of wolves. How do I get a new one?

Please use the activation code look-up tool to find your code.

Lost Activation Code

http://www.geocaching.com/track/ActivationCodeRetrieve.aspx

B.

Thank you both for replying. When I searched last night I couldn't find anything about lost activation codes but it was late. I wanted to have the activation code when I gave the TB to my friend. As it turns out I found another trackable, a gold ingot, that is not activated and I no longer have the activation code for.