If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

qbee37

Let's see:

Find and display an archived cache: Old search ;) New search :mad: (can't find it, but thousands of caches near it do)

Search for caches found by a specified user: Old search ;) New search :mad:

Search for a specific GC# and get only that cache returned: Old search ;) New search :mad:

Search for a specified cache type (e.g., webcam) in within 500 miles: Old search ;) New search :mad: (30 mile max)

Page contents easily read by folks over 40: Old format ;) New format :mad: (difficult to see light green number of finds on slightly darker green background. I'll usability over aesthetics any day)

Find and display puzzle caches that I haven't solved yet:

Old search :( New search :D

Find and display puzzle cache that I've started working on, but haven't solved yet:

Find and display an archived cache:

Old coord.info :D New coord.info :D

Search for caches found by a specified user:

Old Find Another Player :D New Find Another Player :D

Search for a specific GC# and get nearby caches returned:

No. There are four ways to search by GC Code right on the website, numerous Geocaching Live! API partner applications that can bring up the results from their side, and shortcut sites like GeocachingAdmin.com. Google is just one more tool. It is perhaps best used when you aren't certain of a cache's exact name, and you're having difficulties with the new search tool on the website.

Type the GC code in a Google search. Odds are it's the first search result returned.

I have to go to Google to find a specific cache??????

No but I have found on several occasions that it works faster than getting through the setup on the GS page especially if you include site:www.geocaching.com in the search.

Edited by Walts Hunting