Pocket Queries not downloading

misty's muskateers

It seems PQ are broken. I download my PQ's with GSAK and noticed that no caches were updated in comparison with last week. There were a few "new" caches added to my database. Upon inspection I noticed they had a last log on March 12th. Going to the cachepage I saw a last found log on March 21st and an "archived" log on the same date.

It seems that PQs were made from data a week old.

That's my 10 PQ quota for today totally wasted.... :mad:

Previews property, and I received email that it was ready to download. Again, the preview link works properly, but there's no PQ available from the download tab - only 3 previous PQs.

As you can see, my PQs are in the list and I can download (API as wel as manual). I opened the Zip file and GPX and found no logs after 2015-03-18

Looks like PQs are generated from an old (backup?) database.

PQs.jpg

Still able to download the PQs.

Today's PQ contains last week's data. The reason I'm still able to download these PQs is probably because last weeks PQ is not overwritten with today's version.

Can't try another now of course since I already used up my quota for today.

PQ2.jpg

I don't want to come across as smug or anything but it's working fine for me ;) Perhaps one of the PQ servers has gone down, and the other(s) are OK?

That's my uneducated guess as well. My PQs from today all downloaded well with appropriate data inside.

Hans

Edited by HHL

I tried to download my daily PQs this morning like I do every morning and they are not there. The PQ screen says they ran and they show up on the Ready to Download tab but if I click on one, I get the message "Sorry, the requested Pocket Query download is no longer available." and it disappears from my list of available PQs ready for download. What is going on?

Same problem here.Created PQ's today and they can be seen on the Active pocket Queries tab but Will not show in the download tab. When I get the e-mail with the view and Download options it takes me right back to my PQ page instead to my downloaded folder.

Edited by thebige88

Too bad there's no official comment from GC. Isn't it time to have Lackey's in other timezones so it doesn't take hours to get official info if something happens outside Pacific TZ business hours?

What, in case you are unable to undertake some minor data housekeeping, related to an Internet-based game, for a couple of hours?

Too bad there's no official comment from GC. Isn't it time to have Lackey's in other timezones so it doesn't take hours to get official info if something happens outside Pacific TZ business hours?

What, in case you are unable to undertake some minor data housekeeping, related to an Internet-based game, for a couple of hours?

Considering PQs are the most common reason customers shell over money to GS, yes, issues with PQs should be addressed or at least acknowledged immediately.

PQs not working can be a significant problem if you need them to go caching, obviously you're not so you don't need them right now, that doesn't mean others don't.

I don't visit the forums very often. This is the first time I have heard of submitting a bug report. Where/how do I do that? There are no pinned topics on this forum to tell us that this is an option.

It's one of the Help Center contact options

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=request

That said, IT is on this - I know this because my other account is admin account.

The Lackeys who usually respond in these forums will probably not get out of bed early to do that.

The point is my scheduled PQ ran (all 10 of them) and they contained old data. No problem as far as I'm concerned but if there would have been some announcement I would not have ran them and waited for the problem to be solved. I would not have "wasted" my daily quota on old data.

It's not "mission critical" as far as I'm concerned. I have an up-to-date database (max 1 week old)and can "refresh" 6000 caches so if I wanted to caching I could and have the latest logs with me.

As a paying customer however I expect services to either work or that problems are announced and/or acknowledged outside business hours halfway around the world. I expect a global site to have global representation instead of just local.

BTW, it stopped being an "internet base game" at the moment millions were paying $30/year. It then became a business :ph34r:

The point is my scheduled PQ ran (all 10 of them) and they contained old data. No problem as far as I'm concerned but if there would have been some announcement I would not have ran them and waited for the problem to be solved. I would not have "wasted" my daily quota on old data.

It's not "mission critical" as far as I'm concerned. I have an up-to-date database (max 1 week old)and can "refresh" 6000 caches so if I wanted to caching I could and have the latest logs with me.

As a paying customer however I expect services to either work or that problems are announced and/or acknowledged outside business hours halfway around the world. I expect a global site to have global representation instead of just local.

BTW, it stopped being an "internet base game" at the moment millions were paying $30/year. It then became a business :ph34r:

Your PQ quota is not "wasted". They are now available.

Not true. PQs that ran and contained old data still contain old data, and are still counting against the daily quota. Fortunately for me I have an unscheduled day coming up when I can re-run the PQs but it really is a royal PITA to re-schedule 10 or 20 PQs over two days.

Yes they are wasted. I downloaded them again (they seemed to have run and I can download them) and they contain GPX files dated March 17th. I did not get the expected files dated today.

If that's not "wasted" then what is?

I can't rerun them or run others as "Sorry. You have exceeded the maximum limit of 10 queries per day for Tuesday". That's 10 PQs with March 17th data...

I still see that problem.

I received the "Your Pocket Query ... is now available" mails, pocket/default.aspx says they're freshly generated, downloading them via API or browser returns me zip files with data from the previous PQ run.

Is anybody at Groundspeak aware of the problem and working on it?

Kind regards

The underlying issue that was causing this morning's PQ problem has been corrected. Unfortunately, some PQs that ran this morning before the fix are "lost" for the day. (The number of "lost" PQs amounts to about 10% of the total number of PQs that were executed.) It is indeed a "royal PITA" and we're really sorry for that inconvenience.

A _small_ business. Having a full-time staff in multiple time zones just so they can put up a message saying "sorry, PQs are down" once every couple of years would be a big drain on resources. Just the legal costs involved in opening up (e.g.) a European office would be huge

I have an account with a bank that has more than 100,000 staff worldwide, and their entire online banking system goes down for maintenance, unannounced, every few weeks. And I'm guessing that they make rather more than $30/year from my custom. (But yes, they do have a sign on the front page telling me that they're down. That's nice, but not as nice as the site actually being up.)

A _small_ business. Having a full-time staff in multiple time zones just so they can put up a message saying "sorry, PQs are down" once every couple of years would be a big drain on resources. Just the legal costs involved in opening up (e.g.) a European office would be huge

Having a staffer in Seattle living on EU time would do. 3 times 8 hour workdays would do it.

My hosting provider is in the UK, has servers in the US (right and left coast) but Indian support is available 24/7. When you're working global, act global. Seattle is not the center of the world.

I have an account with a bank that has more than 100,000 staff worldwide, and their entire online banking system goes down for maintenance, unannounced, every few weeks.

Time to change banks. That's unprofessional.

Our bank announces ALL scheduled maintenance (mostly during the night sat/sun)