PVC hide advice please :-)

cgund

fc01ecb2-6dc8-487f-817a-4f5bc6436838.jpg

Pictured are four curved 1.5" PVC segments creating a PVC donut. I would love to hide this somewhere without further camoing it. It seems like ideas should be easy to come by, but I'm coming up empty. You pros have any thoughts?

I have 150 finds and 8 successful and well-liked hides for background on me.

How is a finder supposed to open it? How is a finder supposed to close it, such that its contents stay dry until the next person finds it?

The segments fit together nicely, tight enough to keep out moisture but easy enough to separate.

b832513f-ad0f-45c7-bcd0-ed962ae087bb.jpg

My bet is that one will put it together well enough that the next cannot get it open. I have found such. It is the nature of PVC to do that.

Just so you know......

OK thanks, I will keep that in mind! Still hoping to hear from folks where they think this would make sense but I'll definitely be aware of that.

I would paint the joint rings red, put a rope on it and make it look like a water rescue life ring. I'd then put it by a creek in the woods somewhere on a tree (not by nailing anything into the tree of course) and come up with a cute name for it... Hmm, might be an idea for a new hide around here.

My bet is that one will put it together well enough that the next cannot get it open. I have found such. It is the nature of PVC to do that.

Just so you know......

Correct....if you sand the joints enough so it won't jam closed water will get in.....I've tried these and also threaded PVC fittings and they all leak ( bad )

Slip -on covers are made for pressure testing and keeping clean PVC pipe and these work great.

Edited by BAMBOOZLE