App Authorizations PROBLEM!

K13

I was looking through my account information and I see a page for "Authorizations". This page says I have allowed Facebook and Twitter. I HAVE NO ACCOUNT WITH EITHER OF THOSE SITES AND DID NOT ALLOW NOR AUTHORIZE ANY TYPE OF CONTENT FROM EITHER OF THOSE SITES!!

How do I remove this from my account?

I checked it out. It does look fishy, but you aren't authorized. If you were, there'd be a big red "Revoke Access" link directly under each of them. I'll post a picture in a couple minutes to show what I mean. I'll edit this post with the picture.

EDIT: Here it is

access_zpsbtsddw2e.jpg

Edited by TriciaG

I just tried it, revoked Geocaching Adventures, and it worked without a hitch.

Do you have JavaScript disabled? Using NoScript?

Nope.

My tech knowledge is definately lacking (big time), but I didn't think you could disable java, just add on.

The red links say"Revoking..." when you click on 'em, but really don't do anything.

Just so I can grasp the concept here, the two listed apps that the page SAYS I have authorized to access my account is misinforming me? I know I have not allowed twitface to access anything (I don't participate those), and if it is something that Groundspeak has done, they need to UNDO it.

Click on the red "Revoke Access" button on the list of authorizations.

There was no button of any color to revoke access.

Java is enabled. Not using NoScript.

**Note that this is not related to my account, it is on my child's basic account that hasn't been accessed in a long time. I can't find that page on my Premium account.

Just so I can grasp the concept here, the two listed apps that the page SAYS I have authorized to access my account is misinforming me?

Yes - it's worded poorly. If there's no red "Revoke" box, you haven't authorized access.

So, this is some more of the "intuitive" web design of Groundspeak? The page says one thing very clearly, yet is the opposite of what it means. SMH

These are the web and mobile apps you've authorized

...followed by Facebook and Twitter icons' date=' [b']even when not authorized[/b].

Groundspeak, are you following this thread? This needs to be fixed please.

PS to the guys above, for future reference, Java and JavaScript are different things. If in doubt, leave Java OFF (security risk) but JavaScript ON.

Edited by Viajero Perdido
These are the web and mobile apps you've authorized

...followed by Facebook and Twitter icons' date=' [b']even when not authorized[/b].

Groundspeak, are you following this thread? This needs to be fixed please.

PS to the guys above, for future reference, Java and JavaScript are different things. If in doubt, leave Java OFF (security risk) but JavaScript ON.

Thanks.

- Why CJ (who's not here a few days) usually handles this stuff. :)

Java off, javascript on and it's been on "Revoking...", as if it's attempting something, but doing nada for a half hour now.

Click on the red "Revoke Access" button on the list of authorizations.

I am moving this thread to the "How do I...?" forum in case you need further assistance.

See previous quote, it appears I replied to the wrong post.

I just tried it, revoked Geocaching Adventures, and it worked without a hitch.

Nope.

My tech knowledge is definitely lacking (big time), but I didn't think you could disable java, just add on.

The red links say "Revoking..." when you click on 'em, but really don't do anything.

CJ home and simply "upgraded" to IE 11 for this dyslexic old fart.

I was holding out with all the problems associated with it on this site.

Revoking works and I'm now able to see the maps again.

- Haven't been able to see maps for some time, thought it was a "basic member" thing.

PM since a week after starting, never knew what the difference was between the two (that basic sees it too). :)