Cache In Trash Out

Spenny!

I was wondering how many people actually practice "CITO" on a regular basis. I understand it is not a rule and not always necessary but was just wondering. I generally carry a few extra grocery bags in my backpack wherever I go. It is somewhat disheartening when you show up to a nice cache in a nice area that is found often but is still surrounded by trash. I am trying to teach my daughter the importance of cleaning up after yourself and always packing out what you packed in. (if not more) So do you carry bags, gloves, a poker or anything else used to gather trash? Or do you just leave it and hope/expect the next cacher or muggle to take care of it?

I do most of the time. I absolutely do not if it is raining, snowing, or if there is little to no light.

I always carry a bag with me. If the trail is covered with a lot of recycleables (bottles, cans, etc), then I will take the recycleables and leave the trash. If it is just trash, I take that. Once my bag is full, I am done. I'm happy as long as I make a dent.

I was wondering how many people actually practice "CITO" on a regular basis. I understand it is not a rule and not always necessary but was just wondering. I generally carry a few extra grocery bags in my backpack wherever I go. It is somewhat disheartening when you show up to a nice cache in a nice area that is found often but is still surrounded by trash. I am trying to teach my daughter the importance of cleaning up after yourself and always packing out what you packed in. (if not more) So do you carry bags, gloves, a poker or anything else used to gather trash? Or do you just leave it and hope/expect the next cacher or muggle to take care of it?

We always carry gloves and a couple white trash bags with us. Its easy enough to tie the edge to our backpack and toss stuff in as we go. We honestly don't pack out heavy stuff but do try to take something out with us wherever we are.

We CITO everywhere we go.

Oddly, a fellow cacher was peeved one day when I was "taking up too much time" picking up stuff along the way. Don't cache with her anymore...

CJ accumulates enough cans in a year, that we're able to pick up toys and things (from her company's store) at no cost to us, for kids at events. :)

- Funny and sad at the same time.

I carry bags with me, and I sometimes use CITO as "cover" when I'm searching in a public park. (No one pays attention to the guy picking up litter.)

+1 to this...In my area I use this method for stealth a lot. Always carrying trash bags...on a side note, I always seem to find money (bills) while doing CITO and searching for a cache. :)