2003 LI Cache event, RSVP here.

JMBella

The event was submitted on the 27th. It's been taking quite a while for caches to be approved lately. The event is Sept. 27th, Southaven Park.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Because now I am Lost.

That sounds like quite a long time to get any cache approved. You might want to check with NJadmin to see if it's stuck somewhere or if it ever even went through.

Nobody can be so amusingly arrogant as a young man who has just discovered an old idea and thinks it is his own.

Sydney J. Harris

This has been the norm lately. NJ does a fine job I just think he might be overwhelmed. NYGO has offered to be the admin for NY , but geocaching.com has declined saying they already have enough approvers. I cacn't say I agree. NY needs its own approver. We all need to email geocaching.com and let them know we need our own approver.

Because now I am Lost.

quote:
Originally posted by J&MBella:

This has been the norm lately. NJ does a fine job I just think he might be overwhelmed.

I dont agree. I had a cache approved in 10 hours yesterday and an email answered in 1 hour the day before by NJadmin.

quote:

NYGO has offered to be the admin for NY , but geocaching.com has declined saying they already have enough approvers.

It's an old saying "The last person you want to have the job is the guy asking for it"

quote:
Originally posted by J&MBella:I cacn't say I agree. NY needs its own approver. We all need to email geocaching.com and let them know we need our own approver.

Again, I don't agree. Email NJadmin and ask why your event hasn't been posted. Are you sure it went through?

<<SNIP>>

Nobody can be so amusingly arrogant as a young man who has just discovered an old idea and thinks it is his own.

Sydney J. Harris

I recieved the email confirming that the cache went through. There is no note nor did I get an email stating he needed more info. Like I said on LI the caches seem to take a lot longer to get approved. 4 or 5 day is normal. If New Jersy caches are going through right away then the New Jersey caches obviously take 1st priority. This is not acceptable if he's going to be the approver for NY, he needs to approve the caches in the order they are recieved. NY needs it's own approver.

Because now I am Lost.

There are a lot of presumptions in your post. I reiterate, Did you Email NJadmin about this? If you have a problem with NJadmin try emailing KeystoneApprover.

Sydney J. Harris

Yes I did mail NJ. Twice. I even asked him if he is a little overwhelmed and if he thinks it's nessesary to get an approver for NY. I got no responce.

Because now I am Lost.

quote:
Originally posted by Frolickin:

Caches have been popping up all week in NJ. As far as NJAdmin being overwhelmed, it has not reflected on the work here.

I had a cache approved in 10 hours yesterday and an email answered in 1 hour the day before by NJadmin.

There are a lot of presumptions in your post.

What is presumed? NJ caches are getting approved faster than LI caches. It's not a presumtion, It's a fact. I'm not the only one with this problem here.

Geocaching . . . hiking with a purpose

Because now I am Lost.

quote:

What is presumed? NJ caches are getting approved faster than LI caches. It's not a presumtion, It's a fact. I'm not the only one with this problem here.

I just took a quick look at the new caches for NY, and it looks like there have been 130 caches approved in the last month, and more then 50 of those have been hid in the last 10 days. To me, that sounds like A: Just as many if not MORE NY caches are getting approved as NJ caches, and B: the last week or 2 has probably been a bit of a fluke in the volume of caches submitted. I'm in NJ and I still have 2 hides waiting approval.

"(Mopar is) good to have around and kick. Like an ugly puppy" - Jeremy

Ahhhhhhh, It seems as if your Event has been approved.

Congrats and good luck with it.

Sydney J. Harris

quote:
Originally posted by Harrald:

Ahhhhhhh, It seems as if your Event has been approved.

Congrats and good luck with it.

Oh yea, about the event (the reason for reading this thread, lol), when I looked yesterday, the LI event was already posted, but it's the same day as a very cool paddle event in CT.

Selden Neck Canoe/Kayak Event

If I'm gonna do an event, I am going to choose the "overnight camping on an island event" over the LI traffic jam" event. Sorry.

"(Mopar is) good to have around and kick. Like an ugly puppy" - Jeremy

quote:
Originally posted by Mopar:

If I'm gonna do an event, I am going to choose the "overnight camping on an island event" over the LI traffic jam" event. Sorry.

I've been going to LI a lot and I hardly ever have a problem with the weekend traffic. Of course, going there early in the morning and coming home late at night has something to do with it. icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by sranddboggny.us:

change of plans! i will definately try and make it, baby or not. so don't count me out. i would like to meet you all.

SR and dboggny.

Wow! That's dedication! 'Honey, I know your giving birth right now, but...but, the cache.... I...I gotta go the 2003 Long Island Cache Event!'

Seriously SR and dboggny, I wish you the best of luck. And Congratulations!

Because now I am Lost.

i can deliver a baby if need be. have done a few already. brookhaven and stoney brook hospitals are less than 10 minutes drive. could be an interesting note on the cache event. no pictures though.

--- with respect,

robbie

wings_flag.gif

A family that Geocaches together... eventually gets wet.

required reading

My first bible

Great Orienteering Site!

PERSONAL PROTECTIVE MEASURES AGAINST INSECTS AND OTHER ARTHROPODS OF MILITARY SIGNIFICANCE

quote:
Originally posted by Mopar:

dadgum! I first read that as _babe cache!_, and I was gonna switch events and go to this one instead. icon_biggrin.gif

LMAO! I like Babe Cache better. 'I found her!' Took: bra Left: Panties

Because now I am Lost.