TEAM JackQuest Relocating

JackQuest

Just a heads up to Keystone State geocachers, due to relocating TEAM JackQuest base camp to Virginia, I am removing (unless DCNR beats me to it! icon_wink.gif) and archiving my southeastern PA caches before the end of June. My caches in the Endless Mountain region will most likely follow in July. I may jump through the DCNR hoops and maintain one or two of those caches since we still have base camp north.

My philosophy has always been if I can't personally maintain it, I won't place it. Many thanks to those cachers who took the time to pitch in with a pencil or a logbook when I couldn't get there. BTW, if there are still any travel bugs in these caches, I will happily transport them to a nice Virginia cache so their journey can continue.

So far JQ002-Blue Marsh and JQ003-Nolde Forest have been pulled. I am archiving first before removing, so if it comes up archived it has been or is in the process of being removed. Nockamixon, French Creek and Green Lane are next, in that order.

I thought about putting the caches up for adoption but since most of these are no longer the lone caches they once were, archiving seems the way to go. Besides all were due for scheduled maintenance and moving anyway.

Happy Trails!

TEAM JackQuest (8H/11F)

Jack, Cyber & Drager

www.jackquest.com

Base Camp N 40? 20.268' W 75? 37.969' (WGS84)

Hello Team Jack Quest,

I've enjoyed discovering four JQ-00X caches, each with its own unique character that made the find all the more satisfying. Thanks for some great adventures in some of the nicest natural areas in Pennsylvania.

Best of luck with your relocation.

Cachier icon_smile.gif

"When you find it, its always in the last place you look."

Team Jack Quest is significant to both geocaching and to Waterboy With Wife. When we first started looking at the geocaching pages there were about 200 caches in Pennsylvania, eight of those were Jack Quest caches.

Our first find was JQ005-Nockamixon. Our most recent find, JQ007-Ricketts Glen. In between that there were four other Jack Quest caches.

Thank you for being so helpful. You will be remembered as one of the founders of geocaching in Eastern Pennsylvania.

We wish you the best in your new home.

Not only was JQ002-Blue Marsh my first DNF, it was my first actual find, and it was my first travel bug find! It was a good cache to start with: I saw right off the bat what makes a good cache: ammo box with cool paint job, good booty nuggets, Write In The Rain logbook, great hike to the location - well several hikes due to the DNF icon_smile.gif, and a bonus TB (Shrunken Head).

I just added that logbook at JQ007-Ricketts Glen, and I see you haven't archived it yet, so those of you who haven't done that one yet: scurry over there! Fill up a few more pages with logs. That area is gorgeous.

I hope to snag the other JQ00x's in my area before they, too disappear.

-- I recognize fun when I see it.

I have done Ricketts and Loyalsock and both were great caches. I particularly loved Loyalsock. I have had Fernrock on my must do list for a while. Hopefully I can knock it off before you take it.

Thanks for some great hunts!

PSUPAUL of

Team Geo-Remdation