Category for bat protection zone

GeoLog81

I've found quite an interesting object, which is the old beer cellar which has been closed with gratings and serves as bat protection area.

Is there any existing category that would host such objects? There's a special category for insect hotels, so bat hotels would be also a logical candidate...

I've found quite an interesting object, which is the old beer cellar which has been closed with gratings and serves as bat protection area.

Is there any existing category that would host such objects? There's a special category for insect hotels, so bat hotels would be also a logical candidate...

Sounds like interesting place to see :grin:

I can't recall any existing category where it would fit .. and it can be problematic to create a one. One of 4 criteria that each new category should fulfill is prevalence - there should exist reasonable number of objects, potential waymarks in each category, globally. I'm in doubts there are enough 'bat hotels' to have its own category, but I can imagine some potential for broader category, something like 'artificial refuge location for wildlife animals' (other than ZOOs) that would cover all protection areas for different species of animals. I think we do not have anything similar (apart from insect hotels) and there is a chance for good category of this type.