Bulk TB tags on the cheap?

clubstew

My daughter's girl scout troop wants to get the geocaching (fun) badge, and thought it would be fun to send out some trackables to keep an eye on (much like chain letters back in the day). There's 18 girls and they'd prefer each one get their own (otherwise, I'll send a few out with them on different adventures and they can all watch the pages) so I'm looking to get some tags in bulk. I've looked through a lot of web sites and it seems about the cheapest is $5.00/tag, but those are customized ones. Really I'm just looking for a basic tag they can attach to something to make up part of their story / adventure.

Any recommendations? Many of the sites I've visited (some of which I've even bought from before for my own use) do have some bulk policies that aren't too bad, but nothing for just basic tags. Or does Groundspeak even have any options for a girl scout troop? I didn't see much on their site in the way of event sponsorship or anything.

You can order tracking numbers from Groundspeak. There is a minimum order of 50. Codes are $1.50 each. Any coin/tag design has to be approved. So that option is $75 plus the cost of materials or making the physical coins or tags.

If you buy 8 or more travel bugs at a time from Groundspeak, they're $4.25 each. That's $76.50 plus shipping and tax.

Edited by msrubble

GXPROXY.COM

sells dog tags for i think $3.50 each, they are for custom designs only, but i asked before and they sent me several free generic designs. otherwise they usually charge $25 for your own custom design one time fee. with choosing their this fee doesn't exist. $3.50 is nicer then $5.00, but not by much. the real value to these is the custom versions, but a little money can be saved.