Problem with i-pad

Hi, I have recently purchased an I-pad 1. I can access all pages of the geocaching.com website. However, I am experiencing problems with the geocaching maps page. The. Map appears but I cann't open the cache information. Any help/advice to resolve this problem would be appreciated. I have search the forum/help pages for a solution however, there are no similar topics. Regards, John.

Hi, I have recently purchased an I-pad 1. I can access all pages of the geocaching.com website. However, I am experiencing problems with the geocaching maps page. The. Map appears but I cann't open the cache information. Any help/advice to resolve this problem would be appreciated. I have search the forum/help pages for a solution however, there are no similar topics. Regards, John.

I think that I have solved the problem by taking the I-pad out of its case. For what ever reason the wifi signal wasn't

Strong enough for the map page whilst the tablet was still in its case. Doh!! I'll leave this post in place in case anyone else experiences the same problem. John.

Same on iPhone. It worked before the last update. Was glitchy on the update before that and now it's trout again. This will be the last i anything. It's becomre tiresome being controlled and spending over the odds to do it. Now I'm not allowed to get the stupid photos off it unless I have I tunes on the pc. It forgets I have unlimited POWER!!!!!!!! ... off switch.

I've never used the website with an iPad, but I do use it with an Android tablet occasionally, and have played around with the coding behind it to get my Geocaching Map Enhancements script working.

One thing I've learnt is that displaying the cache information on the map is a two-stage process. When you view the map on a desktop browser, to start with the website doesn't send any information to your browser about where the caches are or what they're called. As you move your mouse over each tile of the map, you get sent information about the caches in that map tile. This is why if you've got a slow network or the server is overloaded, there is often a delay between you moving the mouse over a cache icon and your cursor changing shape to show that there's something you can click on.

What that can mean for a tablet can be that you need to tap on a cache to get the information loading, wait a second, then tap again to get the popup to display. It does vary a bit between browsers though, as it depends how they translate between touchscreen and mouse events.

The other typical problem with using the website on a tablet is the "big finger, small map" syndrome. Sometimes you have to be pretty accurate in your poking to make it work.