Mark your calandars. A DC cache event is coming.

JoeCthulhu

It all depends on my paintball schedule and travel. I cant not ever make a saturday event, I work retail and getting a saturday off is like getting a 4 day weekend, beyond just rare.

I have tried to hit a few when I had time but most of the md events are on saturdays :/

-Robert

I am open to changing the time. If please let me know your preference.

At this time I'm going to change it to be from 10am to 2pm, but will consider other changes too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

War is God's way of teaching Americans geography.

-Ambrose Bierce, writer (1842-1914)

Gary,

Summer of '69 is a cache worth of a pilgrimage. I'm guessing it won't be found on foot until the next big freeze. Borrow some hip waders and prove me wrong.

quote:
Originally posted by RobAGD:

I MIGHT be making another stab at this thing from a very differnt direction.

-Robert

Robert,

Maybe Helicopter?

JoeCthulhu,

I haven't been by this site yet. Reading the logs has been enough to keep me away. Even if I DID own hip waders, I'd be afraid I would get stuck and never get out. I think I'll try to wait for the "Big Freeze" to see this one.

Gary

It was placed before the official end of the drought, and right before the freeze. Once everything thawed, it was no longer accessable via the means identified by the hider.

I would be happy to accompany anyone who attempts this cache (to verify if it is still there) if provided with hip waders, or a canoe.

So, what is the official start time?

Meet at the posted coords?

Do you happen to know what stop that would be on the Metro?

I don't think my GPS will work on the subway, or I wouldn't ask what stop it was! ha ha ha

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Drop back 10 and ........trip over the cache.

JoeCthulhu,

I posted a note on the cache page about the possibility of going by "Washington DC Live" and grabbing a group picture if we could find someone at home by their computer.

While looking at the map of the suggested caches, I saw a few that you might want to look at and possibly add. Your walk, you decided.

GC8B0C Actor Really Did Break A Leg

GCDE1 Capitol View

GC2657 I Can See Lincoln

G2D0 Capitol Happy (at least look for the clues)

Unless someone else gets this, there is also a stranded Travel Bug real close to our walk.

http://ubbx.Groundspeak.com/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=5726007311&f=7316058331&m=17260619

Gary

I think we have to go with the revised start time of 10AM. There are too many people coming now to change it.

By Metro I'd get off at West Falls Church (Blue/Orange Line). I live 2 miles from the Springfield Franconia Metro Station. Gary maybe you'd want to meet me at my place, and I'll drive you in.

I'm aware of some other caches in the area that we're passing up. You missed Squiddley's Bugs are Gems. Some of them aren't too interesting. I'll point them out for folks, and if they want to do them... Also GC8BOC, isn't doable right now, I think the street is tore up. I'd be up for the Web-cam cache, if anyone can manage it.

quote:
Originally posted by JoeCthulhu:

I think we have to go with the revised start time of 10AM.

No problem, I just wanted to make sure I knew when to show up.

quote:

By Metro I'd get off at West Falls Church (Blue/Orange Line).

I meant where to get off in DC. I looked at the Metro Maps and it doesn't look like there is a stop close by.

quote:

Gary maybe you'd want to meet me at my place, and I'll drive you in.

I'll email you.

quote:

I'm aware of some other caches in the area that we're passing up. You missed Squiddley's Bugs are Gems.

I have no idea how I missed that one? I need to update "my" cache list. Shouldn't take me more than a week or two. ha ha ha

quote:

Also GC8BOC, isn't doable right now, I think the street is tore up.

That's why I asked. I have no idea how things are layed out in DC. As long as I can see the Washington Monument, I can get there, after that, I'm lost!!!

quote:

I'd be up for the Web-cam cache, if anyone can manage it.

Someone posted that their daughter would be able to do it up till noon(I think), and RogAGD said he got snagged to work so he could do it from 11-5(I copied his work phone). Looking at the map it appears it would be 6-8 blocks out of our way. We could even hit it at the end to see if anyone still had any energy left to walk to it, or leave it up to the group that shows up? This all sounds like fun!!!!!!!!!!

Gary

mystats.php?userid=GLM&vopt=&txtdata=Stats%20Rule!&bgcol=FFFFFF&fgcol=000000