Category Proposal - Lych Gates

As you approach a church you might enter the churchyard through a small wooden gate with a pitched roof, this is a lych gate also known as a corpse gate and can date back to the 13th century.

They can be found in many European countries as well as America and Australia.

There doesn't appear to be anywhere in the current categories in which they fit , hence this proposal

I haven't known that English term for them, and honestly, I've never considered them as something 'separate'. For me it was always the part of the church and the churchyard.

My question: would you post the church as the waymark together with the lychgate? If so, why not simply add lychgate photo and information to the listing of the 'main' waymark (the church)? Or there are many 'orphaned' lychgates where the main church doesn't exist anymore?

I haven't known that English term for them, and honestly, I've never considered them as something 'separate'. For me it was always the part of the church and the churchyard.

My question: would you post the church as the waymark together with the lychgate? If so, why not simply add lychgate photo and information to the listing of the 'main' waymark (the church)? Or there are many 'orphaned' lychgates where the main church doesn't exist anymore?

I've visited many old churches with such gates, but I have little photos (if any) and no coordinates... But if the category launches, I'll start collecting them :)

I only have doubts about posting many waymarks from the same location.

So another question about the clarification: what would qualify as the lychgate? I've seen the wooden bell tower which serves as the gate. I've seen the stone gates. Some of them are simple the gates with the arc, without a roof.

According to Wiki a Lych Gate is a gateway covered with a roof found at the entrance to a traditional English or English-style churchyard. So basically it should have a roof , there may be seats on the sides and it may or may not have gates, if you Google "Lych Gate images" it will give you some idea of what I am looking for :D

I support this idea, too. But I wonder how you plan to deal with exotic cases. The original ones seem to exist only in the English speaking world and Scandinavia. What do you plan to do with special churchyard entrance structures in other parts of the world or different structures that originally served a similar purpose?