Language Translation for Contacting Someone

PlantAKiss

Hello,

I mentioned this here several months ago: a cacher has had possession of my Benchmark coin since 4-1-13 (almost 2 years!!). He has been dipping the coin for mileage ever since then but not dropping it. In my opinion he's basically stolen it. While I can appreciate the miles he's logged, I want my coin to travel in the normal way. I've been blown away that it met it's goal (making to Stonehenge!). It's traveled 16,000 miles all over EU!

I made some edits on my TB page a while back to put some gentle hints in it about letting it pass to different cachers. This person has not logged it since 8-14. Knowing I risk pissing off the person, I have decided to bite the bullet...or coin...and contact him and ASK him NICELY to please drop my coin and let it go back to passing hand to hand.

This cacher is in Germany. So what is the best method of communication? I don't speak German. :unsure: Is there a translator on this board? Or should I just go to an online translator and cut and paste a message to him? I know these translators don't always get it right. I don't know anyone who speaks German who could translate for me.

Any suggestions for the best way to do this?

--PAK

Assuming the trackable's (and a couple others) not lost and "took it to" isn't just biding time, I'd translate a message, with a "sorry if the translation... hope you can drop my... thanks for taking such good care..." in your own lanquage added afterwards.

- Cover all bases. :laughing:

Odd that others weren't treated this way.

Good luck. :)

Edited by cerberus1