Finds from Non-Members on a Premium Geocache.

MinkosDes

Hello All,

I have a quick question that I am pondering.

I released a Premium Members only Geocache at an Event and am wondering is there a way that I could allow Non-Members to claim a find.

I was thinking of making it a Non-Member Geocache for a few days so they could log, then convert it back to Premium?

Any insight into this issue?

Regards, MinkosDes.

I was thinking of making it a Non-Member Geocache for a few days so they could log, then convert it back to Premium?

Sure, that's a check box on the cache edit page, you'll find it under the Placed by pane.

They can log it from the URL of the logging page, without you making that change. But they'd have to know that, and mostly they aren't going to know it.

www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?wp=GC Code 

I'm assuming that "released at event" means that basic members had coords and made finds. It certainly would be nice if they could log it.

Sure, that's a check box on the cache edit page, you'll find it under the Placed by pane.

They can log it from the URL of the logging page, without you making that change. But they'd have to know that, and mostly they aren't going to know it.

www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?wp=GC Code 

I'm assuming that "released at event" means that basic members had coords and made finds. It certainly would be nice if they could log it.

Thanks, this was what I was looking for! Brilliant.

I'm sorry, MinkosDes, that some folks took issue with your word choice. It's hard to say "non-Premium Members Only geocaches" so you shortened it to "non-Members." Most readers got that. I was happy that Isonzo Karst gave you a detailed, helpful answer - she is well-known for that.

The "How do I...?" forum was set up to be a safe place to ask basic questions, so let's all keep that in mind.

The "How do I...?" forum was set up to be a safe place to ask basic questions, so let's all keep that in mind.

I thought that was the "Getting Started" forum. And I don't see that anyone was really rude here. True, not every comment was sugar-coated, but, hey, this is the internet; no one who ventures into the great open space should expect sugar coating on every comment. It's a shame that some people think a sense of humor is a bad thing to have.

"Non-members" are called muggles, BTW. :)

I did not come here to be Trolled, yet to seek information.

It's called having a sense of humor!

Please understand that this response is not helpful and note that the target was not amused. We want people to come here to learn without the risk of being subjected to abuse.