Which android geocaching app

the pooks

I finally succumbed to the will of the masses and migrated from Nokia to Samsung. Not because I did not like the Nokia, but more because it was stolen and Nokia seems to be in a state of flux finding its feet. The low end nokia smartphones don't have a LED flashlight, which is one of the things I find useful (besides making phone calls). I used to have GC Live on the Nokia, but googling android geocaching apps returns a very intimidating array of apps. So what do the geeks out there recommend?

You should have got an iPhone Pooks! You would have had less choice that you had to pay more for.

I use c:geo as has been mentioned by others. Learn how to use it before you head out in to the field otherwise you might be frustrated. The official geocaching app is another choice - I have not bothered with it.

With c:geo you can create and download pocket queries = or there was a helper program that does this, but once you sort it out its quite good. The compass on my current android, a s***ty zest seems very jumpy, but it was rock solid on my old samsung galaxy ace. So its probably the hone more than the app.

If you are going to use a smartphone for caching then you are going to need a portable charging device - especially if you like to hike far to find caches

Good luck

Trev

Only thing that catches me from time to time is changing the final co-ords on a Multi or Puzzle - perhaps someone can show me some time :):anicute:

Swipe to pull up the screen to the left of the main cache screen. You can add/change waypoints there.

Done this - but not as smooth as on a pc - and I'm never sure I'm getting the correct WP after making changes. A little user unfriendly IMO