Create a Cache Page

jimpyle48

Once you've created your cache page, ticked the boxes, and clicked to save it, you should see something like this under the title of your cache:

d1e859d5-7fe7-4cd3-8c8a-c7635d2dedd0.png

Click 'View geocache'...

That will take you to a view of what your proposed cache page looks like at this stage. At the top it has:

9b55139f-6d4f-48da-a971-b6d39925b056.png

Click 'Edit listing' to do just that.

MrsB :)

Hi MrsB,

Yep, got all that and I did submit it for review.

But what I want to do is not submit it at that time for review but come back two days later and edit the cache with some more information I've attained. I don't see a way to get back to the new cache. It doesn't show up when I go to "Geocaches (Yours)" and even though I have the GC number when I try to "Find a Cache" I'm told Groundspeak can't find it.

Jim

Good. I'll give that a try.

What I want to do is have three caches, A, B & C. I want to set them up as a sort of multi but let caches get credit for each one. So I want to say in Cache C that the final coordinate numbers can be found in Cache A and Cache B. So I'd like to have the GC numbers for A & B to put in Cache C write up, and Cache C's GC number to put in Cache A & B's write ups. And then have all three published at or near the same time.

Does that make sense? :huh:

Jim

Hi MrsB,

Yep, got all that and I did submit it for review.

But what I want to do is not submit it at that time for review but come back two days later and edit the cache with some more information I've attained. I don't see a way to get back to the new cache. It doesn't show up when I go to "Geocaches (Yours)" and even though I have the GC number when I try to "Find a Cache" I'm told Groundspeak can't find it.

Jim

I think contacting your reviewer either by email or a Reviewer Note would have been an option.

I'm still concerned as to why you couldn't find the cache through your profile/account. It's hard to know, now that Nomex has disabled the cache.

I know that I can quickly see my "Unpublished Disabled Caches" right on my profile page.

http://www.geocaching.com/my/default.aspx

If the cache was still in the Reviewer's queue, and not published, then no, "Find a Cache" won't have it on record to be found in the system.

I can't remember how to read a cache listing that is in the Reviewer queue, but not published yet.

B.

Good. I'll give that a try.

What I want to do is have three caches, A, B & C. I want to set them up as a sort of multi but let caches get credit for each one. So I want to say in Cache C that the final coordinate numbers can be found in Cache A and Cache B. So I'd like to have the GC numbers for A & B to put in Cache C write up, and Cache C's GC number to put in Cache A & B's write ups. And then have all three published at or near the same time.

Does that make sense? :huh:

Jim

In my area, that would be two traditional caches and one "?" cache.

Sounds like you are trying to change the "type" of your original cache submission.

If you submit each cache as "Traditional", the final coordinates for each one must be on the cache page.

Help Center → Hiding a Geocache → Review Process: Hiding a Geocache

1.18. Mystery/Puzzle

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=277

Bonus Geocaches

Clues to the bonus geocache location (often coordinates, or partial coordinates in several geocaches) are hidden in one or more other geocaches. Generally, clues for a bonus geocache should not be placed in another bonus geocache, and the bonus geocache belongs to the owner of the geocaches where clues are found.

Guidelines

http://www.geocaching.com/about/guidelines.aspx

Traditional Caches

A traditional cache consists of at least a container and logbook and is located at the posted coordinates.

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol