Sad News about GPX Navigators

LadyBee4T

I had hoped never to have to write a post like this but here I am with tears running down my face trying to compose the post I had so dreaded. Yesterday Michele of GPX Navigators lost her 4 year battle with cancer. I just received this news from her niece. I don't know any information about her services. I wanted to post this email because all who contributed coins, money or bid on the auctions I had, helped her and her family. I have one more donation to make to the fundraiser from the auctions that ended last week. I don't know the total amount that we raised and I really don't feel much like looking it up right now but I know it must be at least $2800. To all of you we are very grateful.

"Dear Beverly, I want to extend my love, hugs, and appreciation for all you and your fellow coiners have done for Mickey and her family. Yesterday we lost Mickey to the monstrous cancer that she fought so hard, for so long. You have brightened many a dark day with your messages of love and support, and I want to tell you that to me, you will always be family."

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster
(Removed fundraiser link. I'm sorry but you'll need permission from Groundspeak to re-post it)

I had hoped never to have to write a post like this but here I am with tears running down my face trying to compose the post I had so dreaded. Yesterday Michele of GPX Navigators lost her 4 year battle with cancer. I just received this news from her niece. I don't know any information about her services. I wanted to post this email because all who contributed coins, money or bid on the auctions I had, helped her and her family. I have one more donation to make to the fundraiser from the auctions that ended last week. I don't know the total amount that we raised and I really don't feel much like looking it up right now but I know it must be at least $2800. To all of you we are very grateful.

"Dear Beverly, I want to extend my love, hugs, and appreciation for all you and your fellow coiners have done for Mickey and her family. Yesterday we lost Mickey to the monstrous cancer that she fought so hard, for so long. You have brightened many a dark day with your messages of love and support, and I want to tell you that to me, you will always be family."

Prayers to you, her family and everyone who knew her during this most difficult time. Hugs.

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

This is terrible news for all of us she left behind. She was one of the first cachers I ever met and spent time with. I didn't know who she was at the time and I didn't know why a stranger would go so out of her way to make me feel welcome in a community I knew so little about, but she did. I think it was just her way. She showed me what it meant to be a part of this community and shaped me forever in a number of small, but crucial ways. I can't even imagine how many other times she must have affected the people she met in this world in such a positive way. She will be missed. :(

:( sad news indeed. I'm so sorry for the loss her family has undergone and hope they are able to heal well. I have been preparing a special touch to an auction I wanted to hold on her behalf of which was just finished last week. I'll send a PM in regards to this, but am very sorry to hear to the sad news. Rest in peace Michelle... Till Next Time ~ CACHE HARD and CACHE ON!