BaseCamp and MapSource Won't Install Maps

I'm getting an error dialog from both MS & BC saying not enough memory to load maps. In both cases it says maps are 250MB and only 800MB available.

Seems this happened years ago but I can't remember the fix. Tried another SD card, same results: reports ample memory yet refuses the install. Tried several searches . . . nothing.

Does anyone know the fix?

Yep, it means you're trying to load a bad map. Roll back the last non Garmin map you updated and contact the map author and let them know to fix it.

Bad? Any clue what's bad? I've been trying to isolate the "bad" tile(s) using a strategy of dividing into smaller map sets, mixed results so far.

Thanks

Well, one note, Garmin maps won't work on a Magellan... I'd love to be able to find some way of converting some of the free maps out there for the Garmin line, to Magellan. and really give my GC (If you saw the size of the new Topo map they released with Firmware 2.15, You'd understand. It's HUGE!) a workout.

Unfortunately, there aren't many Pre-made free maps for Magellan that I can find... Nor support for the Linux platform, even if the GC acts like a standard flash drive.