The new search function

Derb522002

I do not like the new search for the site. I like it when all the events would come up and the new caches came up. Now if you cant remember an event you wont be able to find it. I dont know if I will continue my premium membership if they don't change it back :mad:

Edited by Derb522002

You can't seem to search by State and get anything more than 30 miles from the search location, ie. look for unfound caches in the state, oldest caches in a state, events in a state. If you would give the option of no mileage distance when specifying a country or state that would solve the problem. I can see this dramatically increasing the number of pocket queries requested, further slowing down that process. And even then one can't search for anything more than 50 miles out. The size of the font is an issue, and I think I remember a change like that a few years ago that got changed back in a big hurry. This seems to be great for newbies but once one gets past the closest 100 hides people are going to lose interest.

And in answer to some comments, we shouldn't have to remember or change urls by hand to solve the problem, unless of course you want to go back to Fortran or DOS 3.1

Some search options are OK, but why are old features fully disappeared??

Why isn't it possible to upload (a part of) a selection to my GPS but only one by one? It can further only be showed on the map. No improvement!

And indeed why are icons soooooo large. Spoiling room on the screen.

Edited by goldentree

This new search has some cool features but man is it lacking in others.

Searching for events is a hassle. You better know what 30 mile radius it is in.

Also I like to bring up the map and not be restricted to the 30 mile circle of caches. Even the phone app has a feature where you can repopulate the screen if you "drag" the map to a different area. I know different people cache differently but I like to see the big picture on my map. If I am on a 100 mile road trip I sure as heck don't want to have to pull up 3 or 4 different 30 mile circles so I can see every cache. I live in Oklahoma and things are pretty well spread out. #0 mile circles are going to be hard to deal with when you are jusr persusing the map for fun or for trip planning. I know you can do a route but some of my routes are not quite a straight line! :)

I do not like the new search for the site. I like it when all the events would come up and the new caches came up. Now if you cant remember an event you wont be able to find it.

Yes you can. The results are just sorted by proximity to your home location (something that a lot of people wanted before the new implementation) by default. Just click on the "placed by" header and you'll see events at the top of the search results.

As a number of people have complained about this, perhaps changing the default sort order for a location less search to "placed by" might keep some from discontinuing their premium membership.

i would love to use the search function to find a cache but i can't even find a cache I know exists. every search comes up with the same "Oh no, a DNF" response. Not impressed.

The main search box is for entering your location information (that's why it shows City, State, GC code...). If you type Mingo into the the search form it's going to resolve Mingo as a location, not as the name of a cache. As it turns out, there is a town called Mingo in West Virginia so I see caches there instead of the Mingo near Mingo, Kansas.

In order to search for a cache by name you need to use the "Geocache name contains.." filter *and* either a location specified in the form or select a location from the "Search only in" filter.

The major flaw I see with this release is that they've changed how searching works without explaining how the search is supposed to work. A lot of the complaints about things not working, do, in fact work. Once you understand how it's supposed to work it makes more sense but they didn't provide any support to help users understand how it's supposed to work.

Edited by NYPaddleCacher

I like the site the way it was. I could see the newest caches and upcoming events published in my state, but now I am not finding them. It is hard to find something that I don't even know is there. Give us the option of searching for what we want the old way.

"Why not resolve this all by just adding the new features to the old search tool for us computer users and give the new look to those with tablets and phones?" by Zop

I'm with ya Zop!

The new search feature appears to be incredibly difficult to use. We would frequently search for events, oldest placed caches, and unfound caches within a state and this now appears to be impossible. If it is possible, it certainly is not even close to being user friendly. Geocaching is supposed to be a fun activity, but the new search feature is quickly making it a frustrating activity. PLEASE bring back the "old" system!!

I am very disappointed with the new features, while it has some good ones it also have more bad ones. one thing I do miss is new ones in the State I do base my time on events around the state With the New featured 30 miles max is not going to make it. if something don't give up soon I might not renew my membership. Please fix it or go back to the way it was before.

Be sure to read the Advanced Search FAQ. It answers a lot of the questions people are having.

The search you want to do is easy with the new system once you learn it. Here is a link for all of the caches in OK sorted by most recent first: https://www.geocaching.com/play/search?r=37&sort=PlaceDate&asc=False

we shouldn't have to learn a new system ..... K.I.S.S.

the old system worked great for how long? it was user friendly and it was clean and much easier to look at graphical wise

Worldwide is not available, but you can do it for a given country/region. Can you explain why you would need to do a worldwide search in order to find a cache?

I keep various themed booklists. I would search the first few words of the theme to find new geocaches placed to add to the lists.

Can't do that anymore.

Luckily, I had recently ran searches and found the links in my browser history and now have them saved in my browser bookmarks.

Edited by Great Scott!

Nice attempt at a new search engine but it seems to have many flaws.

1. I am gradually completing the "Cache Across America" series and wanted to find the location of the cache in Tennessee. With the old search engine, I could put "Cache Across America" in the box for cache starts with and I would get a list of all the caches everywhere that started with "Cache Across America". Now, if I don't already know where the CAA cache is in a particular state, I can't find easily find it. For example, I am going to Tennessee tomorrow and wanted to see if I would be passing close to the "Cache Across America - Tennessee" cache. I put Tennessee in the location box, clicked on the add filters box. Then I entered Cache Across America in the cache name contains box and got a DNF. I happen to know that the CAA cache in Tennessee is within a 30 mile radius of Franklin, Tennessee so I put that in the search location box and entered Cache Across America in the name contains box and the search came up with the Tennessee CAA listing but only because I knew the approximate location. Next week, I am going to the MOGA event and want to know if I will be close to the CAA cache for Missouri but, since I don't know its location within a 30 mile radius, I couldn't find the listing.

2. With the old search engine, I could search by state name and get a list of all the up coming events and all of the new caches in that state. I can not do that with the new search engine.

Please incorporate into the new system all of the features that were available with the old system. If that can't be done, please give the old system back to us.

For your first search, I left the main search box blank, clicked on "Add Filters," typed "Across America" in the "Cache Name Contains" box, and in the "Search Only In..." box, I typed "Tenn" which autocompleted to United States: Tennessee. That search returned just the cache you were asking about.

For your second search, I left the main search box blank, clicked on "Add Filters," cleared all the cache types on the left side of the filters screen, selected only event caches, and then typed my desired state in the "Search Only In..." box.

For your third search, I left the main search box blank, clicked on "Add Filters," selected the types of caches I wanted to see, typed in my desired state in the "Search Only In..." box, and then sorted the results to show the newest caches by clicking on the "Placed Date" column heading.

Most of your new search engine would have been a nice addition to the old search. However replacing the old search with the new search has eliminated 90% of my search methods. I especially miss being able to do searches without mileage limits. Also, I would like to see the ability to do a search by state that gives me all of the newest caches regardless of location or distance from my chosen/home location.

The display format for the new search is also very annoying. The original table display was more informative and the number of caches displayed on multiple pages was also better. Scrolling is not more efficient than clicking from page to page. Not having the ability to select a more than one cache for download is also a negative. Many times I am only looking for the newest hides and want to load them all simultaneously. Very useful for FTF runs. Loading each cache one at a time is too clumsy when trying to get out the door. Running a pocket query can result in a longer wait.

I guess I will have to create a file of alternate home locations to load when I wish to do a state search without limits and then just do my searches using the nearest to home search option, until you mess that up as well.

I just want to start out by saying I HATE it. I'm very low tech and was using the old way just fine. I'm in the middle of trying to find every cache within 50 miles. The new way just lets me do 30 miles :mad: I also like to keep up with all new caches in my state. The old way you just clicked on Texas and wow there they are. I can't figure the new way out at all :mad: I even thinking if I can't use the new search tool what is the use of paying my membership. :mad:

I just want to start out by saying I HATE it. I'm very low tech and was using the old way just fine. I'm in the middle of trying to find every cache within 50 miles. The new way just lets me do 30 miles :mad: I also like to keep up with all new caches in my state.

I cannot help you with respect to the new tool, but I can provide you with this link

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?State_id=44

which will give you all caches in Texas.

Save it your bookmark file.

As finding all caches around your home coordinates are regarded you have not yet found

try this

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?lat=47.065000&lng=15.451667&f=1

but change the coordinates above to your home coordinates lat=....

lng=......

then bookmark it.

It cannot replace the old tool, but it is better than nothing.

I just want to start out by saying I HATE it. I'm very low tech and was using the old way just fine. I'm in the middle of trying to find every cache within 50 miles. The new way just lets me do 30 miles :mad: I also like to keep up with all new caches in my state.

I cannot help you with respect to the new tool, but I can provide you with this link

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?State_id=44

which will give you all caches in Texas.

Save it your bookmark file.

As finding all caches around your home coordinates are regarded you have not yet found

try this

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?lat=47.065000&lng=15.451667&f=1

but change the coordinates above to your home coordinates lat=....

lng=......

then bookmark it.

It cannot replace the old tool, but it is better than nothing.

I am LOW tech I don't know what save as bookmark means or how to do it. I know you are just trying to help but all that stuff is like a different language Sorry Edited by gonefishing2

For your first search, I left the main search box blank, clicked on "Add Filters," typed "Across America" in the "Cache Name Contains" box, and in the "Search Only In..." box, I typed "Tenn" which autocompleted to United States: Tennessee. That search returned just the cache you were asking about.

For your second search, I left the main search box blank, clicked on "Add Filters," cleared all the cache types on the left side of the filters screen, selected only event caches, and then typed my desired state in the "Search Only In..." box.

For your third search, I left the main search box blank, clicked on "Add Filters," selected the types of caches I wanted to see, typed in my desired state in the "Search Only In..." box, and then sorted the results to show the newest caches by clicking on the "Placed Date" column heading.

Thanks. Last night, I tried numerous combinations including the ones in the response and got DNF each time. Either there was a glich that has been fixed or I inadvertently did something wrong. Other than the layout, the only issue that I still would like to see fixed is the inability to do a United States or global search. As I indicated before, with the old search system I could enter, for example, "Cache Across America" in the 'Name Starts With' box and get a list of all 51+ caches in the series. Also, I could enter any 'Starts With' and get a worldwide list of caches that started with the parameter entered. Apparently, to get the same list with the new system, I would have to do a search for each state individually or each country individually. Is there a way to do a more global search as we could before?

I must agree with some of the comments here. While the new search method seems to tighten down a little more, the radius needs to be expanded beyond 30 miles, maybe to 250 miles, especially if the types, etc. can be filtered down so much. The resulting display is somewhat annoying, but I can get accustomed to it. I do like the map location feature because it shows only the caches returned unlike before when zooming out would show everything everywhere.

The new search does need some work, but I'm confident it'll get there. What would be nice is the ability to use the classic search method.

That's how I would have done all those searches. Rather than add to the complaints that "I can't find caches by name/events any more" I'm going to make a couple of suggestions. One is simple; the other would take a bit of work.

First, many have complained that they can't see new caches (e.g. events) when searching by state. Personally, I think having the results sorted by distance is a good thing, but perhaps making "Placed date" the default sort order for a location-less search would make it behave a little more like it used to work.

Let's face it. It's just not very intuitive to click on a "Find a Cache" link, get presented with a search form, and instead of entering something into the search box, selecting "Add Filters" in order to a search by region.. I can't but wonder if changing the layout/workflow a bit would make things a lot easier and a lot more intuitive. For example, suppose the initial search page looked something like this:

SjZtqUF.jpg

First of all, notice that it isn't using half of the vertical real estate for a search box that you might even use. Instead of overlaying the search form with the filters and forcing users to switch back and forth all the filters are available on one page. It could be cleaned up more by adding "collapsible sections" that, on other sites, are typically hidden/shown by clicking on a + or - icon. Instead of having to click "Search" every time a filter changes, make ajax calls to filter the result set. For example, here's what it might look like after a search was made (unfortunately, I only cut-n-pasted 4 results). If, for example, I clicked on the "I haven't found" in the filters, 3 of 4 four results would go away without going to a new page. Now add in a few "tool tips", for example, display a question mark icon next to the search box which when clicked displays a pop-up message such as "Enter location information into the search box such as "City, State", "coordinates", a GC code, or "Home" to set a center point for your search. NOTE: doing this will limit your results to a maximum of 30 miles" and now you've got some guidance for how to use the search interface.

lmdxrJn.jpg

Good to see a new search facility implemented, BUT I am very disappointed not a single change or additional facility I gave feedback on has been included. Why bother to ask folks to spend time beta testing if nothing is taken into account?

The new search has many serious shortcomings, some already described by others, so having spent a couple of days testing originally and giving feedback makes me wonder if Groundspeak just feel they know best what we need!!

Here is my list of comments/recommended changes submitted during the beta testing stage:

Survey question: - "Top 3 MISSING TOOLS":

(1) Ability to search larger radius - Still same at max 50km

(2) Filter by date placed - Not added

(3) Filter by attributes - Not added

Survey question: - "Top 3 ACTION ON SEARCH RESULTS":

(1) Download to GPS - Not added

(2) Filter in map view - Not added

(3) Add to a list - Not added

My list of facilities needed or should be changed - submitted to Groundspeak during the survey stage:

(1) Most important: all filters including the initial screen (i.e. City, State, Co-ords, etc) should be on one "page" - makes no sense to be split per Beta screen(s) - Not changed

(2) Essential to have an "export GPX file" facility - Not added

(3) Need to add "County" filter for UK - present 'UK South', 'UK East Midlands', 'UK West Midlands', etc is too coarse - Not added

(4) Search results list takes up too much space, i.e. needs a lot of scrolling, so would request displayed list be compressed - Not changed

(4) Definite retrograde step limiting results to 1000 similar to current PQ facility. Old 'mapped' search allows "live" scrolling across an area is a much appreciated facility - Not changed

(5) Search area of 50km max limit is far too small - would be even better if search could be linked to the "route" facility - Not changed

(6) Centre of search area is around 15 miles error from requested centre point - Not checked yet

(7) When a cache in search result list is clicked, would be better to open in new window in order to preserve the results list - Not changed

(8) Advanced filter "HIDDEN BY" is not what it seems - is actually whatever is 'displayed' in "A cache by ... " - would be preferable to filter by real cache owner (i.e. whoever comes up when displayed name is clicked) - Not changed

(9) Would like additional filter = Watch - Not added

(10) Would like additional filter = Number of logs - Not added

(11) Would like additional filter = Attributes - Not added

(12) Would like additional filter = Trackable inventory - Not added

(13) Would like additional filter = Hint (words within) - Not added

So basically Groundspeak have NOT included ANY changes that I gave feedback on!! Am disappointed!!!

PlasmaWave

I am very disappointed with the new features, while it has some good ones it also have more bad ones. one thing I do miss is new ones in the State I do base my time on events around the state With the New featured 30 miles max is not going to make it. if something don't give up soon I might not renew my membership. Please fix it or go back to the way it was before.

Be sure to read the Advanced Search FAQ. It answers a lot of the questions people are having.

The search you want to do is easy with the new system once you learn it. Here is a link for all of the caches in OK sorted by most recent first: https://www.geocachi...eDate&asc=False

I'm really not trying to be snarky but it might have helped if the Advanced Search page had a link to the Advanced Search FAQ.

After looking at the FAQ for the first time I saw this:

How do I save my search results for easy access at a later time?

At this time, the best way to do this is to bookmark the URL in your browser. Each search result contains a query string specific to your search filters. In other words, that URL will always bring you back to the results you'd like to save. And keep in mind, we are working on a saved search feature which should be available in the future.

Does this mean that there are plans to have a Save Search feature. If so, and more importantly, are there plans to replace Pocket Queries with a "Save Search" feature?

Personally, I really like the idea of being able to save searches (by name) that can be brought up the next time I visit a site...*as long as it's not going to replace pocket queries*

I am LOW tech I don't know what save as bookmark means or how to do it. I know you are just trying to help but all that stuff is like a different language Sorry

Hi gonefishing2, perhaps the image below will help a bit. It shows how to search within a specific state. The main thing, which is not at all intuitive, is to leave the main search box empty and click the "Add Filters" button to get to the filters screen. Since you're a Premium Member, then this should work for you.

(1) "Geocache Types" section - the image below is filtered only to Event, but will start off with all selected

(2) Enter your state in the "Search Only In..." box - the image below is for North Carolina, but start typing "Texas" and your state will show up

(3) Hit "Search" button

Hope that gets you what you're looking for. Good luck!

NorthCarolina.png

I just want to start out by saying I HATE it. I'm very low tech and was using the old way just fine. I'm in the middle of trying to find every cache within 50 miles. The new way just lets me do 30 miles :mad: I also like to keep up with all new caches in my state. The old way you just clicked on Texas and wow there they are. I can't figure the new way out at all :mad: I even thinking if I can't use the new search tool what is the use of paying my membership. :mad:

I agree. I HATE it too. Why can't they make this an option. Only 30 miles?! Booo. I used the 200 mile

range all the time.

As explained above, you can leave the main search field blank, click the "Add Filters" button, and then enter "United States: Texas" in the "Search Only In..." field. That will get you the list of caches in Texas.

To get the list of nearest unfound caches, go to your private profile page, then find the "Search for geocaches" section on the right. There is a "near your home location" link and a "filter out finds" link. The "filter out finds" link will show you only the caches that you have not yet found.

Could someone tell me how to use new searching tool for following purpose, so that it really works ( the old one worked always well)

- how to find cache, when you know only its name - I cannot manage this with new tool

- how to find caches hidden by certain person

- can I set my location so that program remember it?

- how to search caches in Lappeenranta (Finnish city), not all Finland?

Is there any way how I could use old searching still?

lmdxrJn.jpg

+1

I'd second that "+1" 'til the cows come home. :laughing:

NYPC, that is EXACTLY how it should look and function. It's light-years more intuitive, more useful, and uses the available space more wisely. Unfortunately, they'd have to throw away a bunch of the work they've already done, so it seems unlikely that we'll ever end up with such a well-designed tool.

Look at concentric's picture above. For hidden by, select that tab and then start typing in the name of the CO. Once done, click on the name and it will be the default search. Then hit the search button at the bottom of the filter (with the red box).

I've tried by cache name but can't seem to get it to work for some reason. I tried NC's oldest, Octopus Garden and drawn the dreaded DNF screen. I tried A Cool Cache also and drew the DNF screen.

You can set your home coordinates (and conceivably change them when you want to run a different search) and those should be saved. i don't know if the "current location" tab would save the coordinates or not. The other selection that appears (when you first open the search engine) is the Top-Rated in your region. Again, it's probably based on your home coordinates.

For Lappeenranta, just type in Lappeenranta in the search box you first arrive at. No need to go to the filters. I got 402 caches.

Just tried to adjust km past 50 as that is what it will go up to for me, and couldn't obviously go past that. I set it to zero, with Events only clicked and got a DNF. Search again and now the km (distance) is unsetable. Cannot type in the box (greyed out), arrow up and/or down does nothing.

This is by entering nothing in the main search page and clicking on add filters. Had to go back to main page and click on one of the 3 options (I picked home co-ordinates) and can again choose distance.

Of course I can't search for an event beyond 50km. I know I can choose a town, but I don't know what town any given event is being held in. Lot of searching to come up with something.

Verdict: confusing to most, frustrating for most except those knowing the work arounds.

Better explanations, longer distance search, instead of DNF, how about a suggestion? If I picked an event search close to my home coordinates and came up empty, suggest some outside the unreal limit of 50 km.

While I understand that the new search engine was supposed to have that elusive "intuitiveness" lots of software and site designers strive for, I feel all I've gotten was a slap in the face. I feel as if Groundspeak thinks I need my hand held. All in all, I feel as if Groundspeak felt compelled to dumb down the website. I know that sounds harsh, but it's just how I feel. On to the stuff that Groundspeak has the power to change, and should.

I have read through most of the posts in this currently small thread and I agree with the single recurring issue: Search radius. I didn't expect Groundspeak to severely limit my ability to plan my next outing by restricting just how much I see on a map. There's so many more caches than the 448 caches listed for my search. Now, I must have a town's name, zip code, or some street address to gain the ability to judge whether or not to cache in an area. Which means, I have to use a site other than Geocaching.com to be able to get some information before I get any caching information. Really?!? This means I have to search for a lot more just to see a very limited amount of caches. Even trying to search the entire state of Kansas resulted in a whopping total of 6, which isn't even logical if my town has a listing of 448. Even the notifications for premium members allows for a 50 mile radius, more than the current search engine allows.

Also, I can't find a way to clear the ones I've already found from the map. I just want to see green boxes, not a map full of smiley faces. Now, not only is the map making caching more frustrating due to the silly restrictions, it's cluttered with caches I've been to or own.

Me, being me, and thinking the way I do leads me to wonder about what Groundspeak is hoping with this, currently not very helpful, search engine. Challenges, for one, will be unheard of unless you've got some cheat sheet on how to see the results for an entire state. Not only that, it also fails to show that caching really does take a person off the beaten path, something a 30 mile radius cannot. But, I think, more importantly, the new search engine is insulting to my intelligence by suggesting with it's 30 mile radius per zip code or city, that perhaps I just need to stay home and cache in my backyard. Images are powerful. A restrictive search engine can and will restrict people's activity. Geocaching is just one small part of the powerful and profitable hospitality and tourism industry.

Aesthetics are always subjective. Scrolling vs going to page next. No big deal

All in all, the elusive intuitiveness isn't anywhere close. I'm really hoping Groundspeak will bring back the ability to 1)search an entire state, or at the very least, a 100 mile radius, 2) make the map more useful with the very useful side bar they use to have, 3) and for the next change, allowing cachers to have input on how they'd like Groundspeak to improve.

Thanks for letting me say my two cents.

You can access the map that "shows all the caches" and which has the sidebar search and filter options by clicking the map icon in the right column of your profile page, under "search options." You can bring up that same full-featured map from any cache listing by clicking on the listing's Geocaching.com map link.

Also, I can't find a way to clear the ones I've already found from the map. I just want to see green boxes, not a map full of smiley faces. Now, not only is the map making caching more frustrating due to the silly restrictions, it's cluttered with caches I've been to or own.

You have to use Add Filter to set not found and not owned by me. Obviously these should have been set on by default which clearly demonstrates how few caches have been found by the software developers. Forget the new design this is the single most ludicrous feature of a sorry bunch.

I'm really hoping Groundspeak will bring back the ability to 1)search an entire state, or at the very least, a 100 mile radius

Hi Konza Coyote. This image should provide you with what you're looking for...and you should be able to apply these filters with you Premium Member status. The main thing is to not enter anything into the main search box or into the distance radius box. You can then search an entire state (in US/Germany) or an entire country. You can also filter on found/owned, geocache type/size/D/T, etc. Hope this helps. Good Luck!

StateSearch.png

Just tried to adjust km past 50 as that is what it will go up to for me, and couldn't obviously go past that. I set it to zero, with Events only clicked and got a DNF. Search again and now the km (distance) is unsetable. Cannot type in the box (greyed out), arrow up and/or down does nothing.

I've noticed the same issue of not being able to change filters after running a search. I usually just go back to "Play --> Find a Cache" and start over. This link will show you all Events in Alberta, CA. If this works for you, then you can click on "Change Filters" and see which selections were made to create the search.

I rarely used the old Search page, as I usually find caches using "Play --> View Geocache Map" and zooming/panning to areas I'm interested in. The forum posts have prompted me to look at the new Search page, but I can't tell what's different from the old search because I rarely used it. Between the main map and PQ's, not sure I have much use for the Search page.

Good luck.

bring back the old one. I have been searching for a cache but this things wants all kinds of extra info, o I think that is what it wants. Who knows

I cant figure it out and I have been caching for 11 years. I dont know how newbies are going to figure it out. I suspect they will be discouraged like I am this morning.

The new search might have some good ideas but from my point of view it also misses some possibilities of the old search.

When I heard about the new search function my big hope was to get a search option to find caches "containing" some strings or even only some letters not only "starting with". And I wanted to have this as a world wide search. But this does not work unless I do something completely wrong. If I try to find all caches having "Codebrecher" in their name I just get a "DNF". Even though the caches I search for start with this text fragment.

I don't understand why new options always replace the old ones when updates are done. Please give us back the old search and add the new one as an additional why of searching - and please give all options to all users and not only to premium members.

From my point of view Geocaching.com is getting less and less attractive with all these updates which have removed well working things, replacing the with "modern" not so well working and giving less flexible options (as the HTML notification instead of the traditional text messages).

If it goes on like this I will look towards other alternatives for caching then Groundspeak's geocaching page. Sorry, but I'm really disappointed with the way it's currently working.

Simply does not work at all for me. Kept returning no caches so I searched by: "Geocache Name Contains ..." and put in a word from a cache name I checked was up to date on the site. Still does not return with any results. I wish the old search tool was at least available to us until this one is working.

Edited by Cheminer Will