Discovering Geocoins In A Collection

Bushwalker53

Hi everyone! I'm an avid geocacher from Australia and every Christmas or Birthday my friends and family buy me multiple geocoins which is great! But this does pose a question for me. My geocoins just sit on the shelf at home looking all shiny so I have moved these into my collection so they won't be filling up my inventory! If I go to an event and put the coins on display for people to discover does that mean I need to move them back into my inventory or can they be logged as discovered while still in my collection?

I hope I have been clear enough with the question, any help would be greatly appreciated!

They can be discovered while in your collection, they just can't be moved.

If you want to make it easier on everyone, you can key your codes into Excel, notepad, or whatever and print a few copies of the list. Some people have trouble reading the tiny print on some of the coins so the print out helps. Also, you may have a few coins with the TB# printed on the edge. You don't want people yanking the coins in and out of their protective sleeves.

Edited by Zepp914

making a list of your tracking numbers is much easier until your list ends up on the internet. I type the tracking numbers on a small piece of cardstock, and put the coins tracking number in the coin flip with the coin to allow others to retrieve the tracking numbers without having to use a magnifying glass, or remove coins from their flips.

ILYK

ILYL