kit Wherigo sign in

bukibear

Hate to be a pain. I'm trying to log into the kit.Wherigo.foundation and this is the error I get. Do you know if the problem is on my end or Groundspeak. I've done the following so far

1.clear my cookies and cache from ie11

2.reentered the address of the website

tried this twice

Either your session has expired or your authorization credentials have failed. Please try again if you believe this is an error.

Thanks

Darcy

Try http://Wherigo.rangerfox.com until I figure out what's wrong with handling the redirection after logging in. I've been trying to use kit.wherigofoundation.com recently because the URL looks better. By the way, if you get that error message, you should be able to go back to Kit and see that you're logged in.

A message from the forum moderator: please do not double post questions in order to get an answer. Several people including myself keep up with the entire forum; we'll see your question wherever you post it. I prefer to keep things in the forum clean, so this causes me to hide the extra posts.

Sorry about the double post. I tried both links again and get the error message on both links. I am logged into geocaching.com and the forums. Could it be a Groundspeak problem as a friend of mine can't log on through GSAK

Thanks for your help

Darcy

Try http://Wherigo.rangerfox.com until I figure out what's wrong with handling the redirection after logging in. I've been trying to use kit.wherigofoundation.com recently because the URL looks better. By the way, if you get that error message, you should be able to go back to Kit and see that you're logged in.

A message from the forum moderator: please do not double post questions in order to get an answer. Several people including myself keep up with the entire forum; we'll see your question wherever you post it. I prefer to keep things in the forum clean, so this causes me to hide the extra posts.

Hmm... this might be difficult to figure out if I can't do anything to reproduce it. I was able to reproduce it with the "kit.----" address while I was in a car today (a tablet going through my tethered cell phone, using my Wherigo Illuminati user account, which doesn't have elevated permissions). Now that I'm back at home, I can't reproduce it at all.

I do know Groundspeak's API occasionally has issues. To be honest, its staging API had so many issues at one time that I usually test with the production API. Considering I'm using it mostly just to authenticate accounts, that's fine. Since I'm not seeing the issues I was seeing in the car, I'd like to ask you to try again.

If you still have some problems, let's start with something basic to check over. I need to determine if it's due to my implementation of Groundspeak's API or their API. You mentioned a friend had trouble logging into GSAK. Do you have difficulties with any of the other sites that use the geocaching API (here's a list)? If you do not, try to log in to Kit that instant (either using "Wherigo.----" or "kit.----" addresses--both if you experience problems with one). Also, make note if your browser has some notification bar or other. All this will at least us determine whether it's something with your account or possibly my implementation.

Also, if you continue to have problems, could you include your browser's name and version number in your next post? I'm using Firefox and Chrome to test everything.

Whatever the belch was it seems to have fixed itself. After trying to log in every half hour or so. I was able to get in at about 3pm pacific time.

Thank you again for all your help.

Darcy

Hmm... this might be difficult to figure out if I can't do anything to reproduce it. I was able to reproduce it with the "kit.----" address while I was in a car today (a tablet going through my tethered cell phone, using my Wherigo Illuminati user account, which doesn't have elevated permissions). Now that I'm back at home, I can't reproduce it at all.

I do know Groundspeak's API occasionally has issues. To be honest, its staging API had so many issues at one time that I usually test with the production API. Considering I'm using it mostly just to authenticate accounts, that's fine. Since I'm not seeing the issues I was seeing in the car, I'd like to ask you to try again.

If you still have some problems, let's start with something basic to check over. I need to determine if it's due to my implementation of Groundspeak's API or their API. You mentioned a friend had trouble logging into GSAK. Do you have difficulties with any of the other sites that use the geocaching API (here's a list)? If you do not, try to log in to Kit that instant (either using "Wherigo.----" or "kit.----" addresses--both if you experience problems with one). Also, make note if your browser has some notification bar or other. All this will at least us determine whether it's something with your account or possibly my implementation.

Also, if you continue to have problems, could you include your browser's name and version number in your next post? I'm using Firefox and Chrome to test everything.

Okay, I guess I'll just file it under some of the odd problems I've seen working with the API. They happen every now and then. I'm doing some things in the background to minimize interacting with it so minor outages or issues won't affect those who have already been logged in, but this doesn't help anything when someone does try to log in.