Prolific Stasher

HartClimbs

I was sitting last night planning some upcoming cache days and was looking for caches in nearby state forests when I realized that pretty much every place I looked, I saw a cache from BrianSnat!

Now - I keep find caches from him and I do a quick search to discover that I've only found about 1/2 of his hides! (I know from an earlier post that BassonPilot has found them all!).

While folks are recognizing people who hit significant find numbers, I figured I'd send a shout out for the volume and quality of caches Brian's hidden (ok, so the "Lame Roadside Cache" was pretty lame, but the others were good!) icon_wink.gif

Having now found a good number of caches (although nothing that compares to BP and co!), I figured it was worth thanking people for putting them out! Some of the best (non-virtuals) I've found were stashed by BrianSnat, Skully&Mulder, Artful Dodger, eToast, Stayfloopy, John Lambert, and others but (and maybe it's my location) but BrianSnat keeps coming up on my "caches to find" list! (if only this snow would melt - I'd knock off the next 18!).

Thanks!!!

Yep, that's a good list Hart made ... and also in the metro NY area, we musn't forget to thank (since these additional names are off the top of my head, I've probably also forgotten a couple of prolific hiders) Jonboy, Lucien, KernBob, Cache_Ninja, Marty621, Ttepee, BigBill6, Team Magster, and Bayonnets4U.

Gwho seems to have shifted focus lately, but a number of his caches are still in place and deserve mention ... and that "Life Wasting Sluggard" guy makes a nice cache ... now what was his name again?? icon_wink.gif

[This message was edited by BassoonPilot on March 04, 2003 at 02:59 PM.]

Yep, that's a good list Hart made ... and also in the metro NY area, we musn't forget to thank (since these additional names are off the top of my head, I've probably also forgotten a couple of prolific hiders) Jonboy, Lucien, KernBob, Cache_Ninja, Ttepee, BigBill6, Team Magster, and Bayonettes4U.

Gwho seems to have shifted focus lately, but a number of his caches are still in place and deserve mention.

icon_wink.gif

Yep! Brian is the chief Head Cache Stasher in them thar hills! I bow to his good quality caches. bang.gif

Thanks Hart for recognising that for all the prolific seekers out there, there are the little folks who keep 'em happy and employed by taking the time out to hide these Gladware and Ammo Can rejects in obscure places...and BrianSnat is numero uno there. eking.gif

If we can find good cache spots, we will hide.

Hartclimbs,

You keep seeing me, because you live in Morris County. There are several others who are as, or more prolific. If you lived in Bergen, you'd see a lot of Artful Dodger and Team GWHO caches on your page.

If you were in south Jersey, tneigel would be all over the place. and in southern NY, Jonboy would be the guy. Anyway, thanks for the kind words. I'm glad you've enjoyed my placements.

BTW, I just painted half a dozen ammo boxes and started packing them with trade items. I also have 3-4 decon boxes about ready to go and a couple of those cool little aluminum cylinders for log only micros. So be on the lookout!

Also, some older and less popular caches may be retired soon, so grab 'em while you can!

A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough to take it all away. -Barry Goldwater

quote:
Originally posted by Skully & Mulder et al.:

But who could forget The Mighty King Pellinore – some of his caches are kind of “different” icon_wink.gif.

Yes, Pellinore has placed some truly unique and interesting caches ... he should place more. icon_wink.gif Two of his placements remain among my all-time favorites.

But I've never been able to figure out why Pellinore so often has trouble finding caches of 1/4 the difficulty he places. icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

If we ignore the sheer number of placements, the two Team Epitome caches also remain among the best I've done.

Maybe someone should start a "Greatest Hits" thread, where people can mention their favorite placements by cache owner.

There have also been a few terrific "one hit wonders" that deserve recognition.

quote:
Originally posted by BassoonPilot:

Gwho seems to have shifted focus lately, but a number of his caches are still in place and deserve mention ...

thanks for the bone Marc. Shifted focus? eh sorta. if it's a choice between looking for weird NJ stuff & geocaching, generaly WNJ wins. I'd prefer to do both though. Actually though, i just found it really really hard to get the gumption to get out of the house this winter for a variety of reasons. But I will be back, very very soon. Day light savings time in only 3 weeks WUHOO! and if Verizon goes on strike like I expect I'll have the whole month of August to get out there. Why I could find 200 caches & all the WNJ stuff if I try real hard! More so if we strike well into September!

alt.gif

www.gpswnj.com

quote:
Originally posted by BassoonPilot:

Yes, Pellinore has placed some truly unique and interesting caches ... he should place more. icon_wink.gif Two of his placements remain among my all-time favorites.

But I've never been able to figure out why Pellinore so often has trouble finding caches of 1/4 the difficulty he places. icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

oo, man I don't know what it is! Sometimes I get to a place and look in all the spots I would hide it, but naturally it's not in any of those! LOL I'll be planting another soon, as soon as I get a hold of some roofing nails. . . heh heh heh

King Pellinore

quote:
Originally posted by King Pellinore:

oo, man I don't know what it is! Sometimes I get to a place and look in all the spots I would hide it, but naturally it's not in any of those! LOL I'll

Ah, there's the problem. You should try looking in some simpler, more straightforward hiding spots. icon_smile.gif

Down here at the Jersey Shore Tneigel is leaps and bounds ahead of everyone else when it comes to well thought out caches and mindboggling hiding spots. He knows places in the pine barrons better than the critters who live there.

Honorable mention to CCCooperagency and TeamGwho for their locationless caches...

njski...