Is it time for another Geocoin Race?

GaryM53

Racer #6 and #25 left the garage and are waiting for their luck in their first cache in Pécs, Hungary. They decided to stay together for the time being. It seems that in their tough, big bodies they have a bit coward hearts. They felt uncomfortable driving around on our narrow streets. They loved the potholes though, thinking that it was driving off-road, when it was actually in the center part of town. Welcome to Hungary!

Thanks, Strombus, for starting our #25 racer with his friend, #6. Nice that they are over the pond from our home! May they both race far!

The Blue Hummer I started -> Six Little Spookie's Hummer Racer Geocoin #11 is on it's way,

but has mostly visited/dipping logs. So I have to estimate the miles which count and the result is about 73.6 miles.

My own Blue Hummer #19 started and got right stuck in the hands of the first cacher who retrieved it from the starting cache.

I already emailed the current holder but got no answer. So I sadly have to report that Hummer #19 has ZERO miles. :(

The Blue Hummer I started -> Six Little Spookie's Hummer Racer Geocoin #11 is on it's way,

but has mostly visited/dipping logs. So I have to estimate the miles which count and the result is about 73.6 miles.

My own Blue Hummer #19 started and got right stuck in the hands of the first cacher who retrieved it from the starting cache.

I already emailed the current holder but got no answer. So I sadly have to report that Hummer #19 has ZERO miles. :(

Ugh...I purposely placed #19 in a cache in Central Park that gets visited almost everyday and usually multiple times. When I saw a cacher from France pick it up the next day, I thought some nice mileage was coming.....

My own Hummer #9 got a nice jump from California to Alberta, Canada, so a little over 1200 miles so far. Waiting for the next cacher to pick it up. Hopefully they are from New Zealand..... :anitongue:

Edited by New Market Mallers

Ugh...I purposely placed #19 in a cache in Central Park that gets visited almost everyday and usually multiple times. When I saw a cacher from France pick it up the next day, I thought some nice mileage was coming.....

My own Hummer #9 got a nice jump from California to Alberta, Canada, so a little over 1200 miles so far. Waiting for the next cacher to pick it up. Hopefully they are from New Zealand..... :anitongue:

Thanks to your reply I noticed that the guy who picked up my Racer is from France. So I translated my email with

an online translator into french and sent it again but still got no reaction. Maybe the translation was to bad.

So here my question: Does someone here speak french and would be willing to discribe the whole thing to the cacher

which still holds my Racer?

Sorry Usypoopers from my late reply. yesterday I came back from my Holidaytrip in Andorra and France :)

This morning I wrote a few people who have found on 19 april de geocache "GeoTour GA13: Hilverbeek 2" and take the Hummer racer #2

I have to wait for the answers.

Greetz, Marjon

[*]New ruling for "Blue Hummers" that have left the starting gate and stalled out!

[/b] If a car has been sitting in a cache for more then a week and no-one moves it, it can be retrieved by the person that left it there and move it to another cache. This will not be considered dipping and the mileage will count!

Edited by GaryM53

Our Hummer #25 made it from Hungary to Austria. But the current holder is having it "visit" a ton of caches. :( Would it be rude of me to ask him/her to drop it off soon? He's a pretty new cacher and has only logged three trackables.

Ask them to drop it in an active cache

Dofferson's #35, the one I placed, left Maine and landed in Bayern, Germany - 3,653.33 miles .

Mine, Maine Family's #33, has been picked up but hasn't been placed. The cacher who picked it up, I think is traveling. The profile says lives in Colorado and he picked up the TB in Texas and is now in Louisiana.

Update on the Hungarian team:

Bojta's Racer #3 is in Wisconsin and is probably out of the race with 2 discoveries and no miles logged. :( It was picked up by skaterchick12034 who keeps it hostage. :mad: Her response to our second inquiry (after not getting a response a month earlier to the first one: "I haven't had time to cache lately calm down its a f***ing game get off my back or I'm not going to put it out." Maybe the Racer with the worst performance can get an award, too? :) Or the one getting the rudest response?

brokev7's Hummer Racer Geocoin #12 is in Texas, haven't moved for over a month, covered 421 miles so far. Has two photos.

ramgab's Blue Hummer Racer #26 is in Michigan, has only 262 miles, has two photos, hasn't moved for a month.

Strombus's Racer #22 is in Kansas. It started to move finally. So far it covered 450 miles. A nice guy picked it up, dipped it in a few caches, took a photo, and now I am hoping that he puts it in a busy cache soon.

taska's Blue Hummer Racer #27 is doing very well! It went from Texas to Washington, gathered 1,190 miles already and is now heading to Australia. It is probably there already, just unpacking, refueling, before being dropped in a cache.

Update on the Hungarian team:

Bojta's Racer #3 is in Wisconsin and is probably out of the race with 2 discoveries and no miles logged. :( It was picked up by skaterchick12034 who keeps it hostage. :mad: Her response to our second inquiry (after not getting a response a month earlier to the first one: "I haven't had time to cache lately calm down its a f***ing game get off my back or I'm not going to put it out." Maybe the Racer with the worst performance can get an award, too? :) Or the one getting the rudest response?

brokev7's Hummer Racer Geocoin #12 is in Texas, haven't moved for over a month, covered 421 miles so far. Has two photos.

ramgab's Blue Hummer Racer #26 is in Michigan, has only 262 miles, has two photos, hasn't moved for a month.

Strombus's Racer #22 is in Kansas. It started to move finally. So far it covered 450 miles. A nice guy picked it up, dipped it in a few caches, took a photo, and now I am hoping that he puts it in a busy cache soon.

taska's Blue Hummer Racer #27 is doing very well! It went from Texas to Washington, gathered 1,190 miles already and is now heading to Australia. It is probably there already, just unpacking, refueling, before being dropped in a cache.

Congrats on 22 and 27 !!

Sad about the rude response ... :(

I'm sorry to report that #7 seems to be MIA.

It was placed in a cache and after 3 people logged the cache without any mention of the TB i contacted them all asking if they had it and would they please put it in another cache so it could continue racing all 3 replied that they didn't have it never saw it have no idea where it might be.

Either someone is lying or the cache was found and the racer taken and neither logged.

I went back to the cache to check and the Hummer is not in the cache

Sorry Penguin :(

I am not so happy :( After a lot of emails the Usyooper's Hummer Racer Geocoin #2 is in hands I think of an older lady who did not do a lot of caches, she is a grandma so I think grandson is playing with the hummer....

Hummer Racer Geocoin #21 is in hands of Teamboombah since 3 may...

Wehave to wait and hope the geocachers will place the hummers on the road!

I am not so happy :( After a lot of emails the Usyooper's Hummer Racer Geocoin #2 is in hands I think of an older lady who did not do a lot of caches, she is a grandma so I think grandson is playing with the hummer....

Hummer Racer Geocoin #21 is in hands of Teamboombah since 3 may...

Wehave to wait and hope the geocachers will place the hummers on the road!

The travelers were so nice I had thoughts that many would not survive the first few legs of their trip. It is one of the reasons that anytime we release anything like a model or Hot Wheels toy, we disable it so it does not appeal to the "I just cannot take it away from Johnny, he really wanted it" crowd. It is nice that families cache together ... but we wish more cachers would teach the children what rules are for !!

It is still very nice that GaryM53 was willing to put so much effort and cost into something that would be entertaining for all of us !!

f15e84c5-9c64-4ab5-a515-c2a6bc804ccd.jpg?rnd=0.2258212

Is it time for a Race up-date?

I need to see who is in the lead and who has not left the starting line!

Description Miles Location

1 Lady Bee 4T Blue Hummer Geocoin 12307 Portugal

2 usyoopers Blue Hummer Geocoin 0 Netherlands

3 Bojta Blue Hummer Geocoin 0 Wisconson

4 sweetlife - v Blue Hummer Geocoin 800 Wyoming

5 moozer Blue Hummer Geocoin 0 North Carolina

6 Love Cachers - Jay Blue Hummer Geocoin 706 Hessen, Germany

7 Penquin Blue Hummer Geocoin 0 Michigan

8 Yanagi Blue Hummer Geocoin 156 Michigan

9 New Market Mallers Blue Hummer Geocoin 4486 Ontario, Canada

10 JoenSue Blue Hummer Geocoin 4422 Southern England

11 Six Little Spookies Blue Hummer Geocoin 14169 Germany