Is it time for another Geocoin Race?

GaryM53

Racer #6 and #25 made it to the start line!

Of course the mailman came at an usual time, about 3 hours late, and of course 2 minutes after we left from home. So, in the evening Bojta and I got on our bikes and went to the post office to fetch our guests. We decide to give them a quick sightseeing tour in our city of Pécs, so we visited the main square and the cathedral and also a friend. Bojta showed some riding tricks to the Hummers, how to jump off stairs, and such. So they are ready for the race!

k_Hummer_6_szn_in_P_cs_Bojta_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpgk_Hummer_25_is_watching_Bojta_at_the_cathedral_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

1231538014k_Hummer_6_a_S_tat_ren_Bojt_val_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg1023661763k_Hummer_25_with_Strombus_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Edited by Strombus

I have a recommendation.

It would be nice to see the positions on a tb race tracking page. I konw one, it is tb[slash]run[dot]com, you can register your racer and the page will track where the coin is, how many logs she has, how many miles traveld. And you can generate a banner with your racer's data and you'll see it's actual position on the race. It is fun at all...

I have a recommendation.

It would be nice to see the positions on a tb race tracking page. I know one, it is tb[slash]run[dot]com, you can register your racer and the page will track where the coin is, how many logs she has, how many miles traveled. And you can generate a banner with your racer's data and you'll see it's actual position on the race. It is fun at all...

Yes, that is really a good idea! I assumed we would use something like that.

I see that one of the races was posted on Facebook and gets virtual discovery logs. Is that allowed?

One of the rules in Post #29 says:

7. The race will have (3) categories that Hummer can win!

• Most miles traveled ( visiting / dipping a Hummer in a cache will not count in the miles total)

• Most caches the Hummers were placed in and left to be retrieved by a different Geocacher. ( visiting / dipping a Hummer in a cache will not count in the cache total)

• Most Geocachers that moved the Hummer or discovered it. Discovering the racer will count in the total.

It will be interesting to see what Gary thinks of this. VIRTUAL discoveries should NOT be allowed or counted !!

If for no other reason than some of the racers may not even be on the tracking code FB sites and FB is NOT what the race is about, nor is it where it is being run.

Simply another case of cheating to win. Why do people want to ruin a fun thing? :(:lostsignal:

Daffy Duck and I had a meeting last night with the producer of the "Discovery Channel" that airs on national TV. The meeting was held behind closed doors and Donald Duck kept a care full eye on the door to make sure no one entered. The meeting was called to discuss the final rules of the race and when the race would be starting. The producer of the "Discovery Channel" was there to make a ruling on the when and who could discover the race car. Daffy also asked when and who could discover the Geocoins he sent out. Everyone knows to have a fair race you have to start behind the starting line, and at the same time. Once we have finished our meeting, and I have time, you will see how we make this happen. In the mean time please restrain from anyone discovering your geocoin or racer. Daffy confirmed we are only missing one car for the race. He said he may not of placed the address right on the package but wants to give it a few more days. I told him we could and if it does not make the trip to the driver I had a spare car just itching to get in the race. I have looked at the sites that track races and am not sure they will work for this race. This race will have things happening that it can not track. I need everyone to promise me they will wash and wax the race car they have received before the end of the week because I want a clean race.

Edited by GaryM53

I think we need to have a little fun while we are waiting for the race to begin! What should we use as a pace car to start the Blue Hummer race? I have one picked out and if someone should post it here I think Daffy and Donald Duck has a gift for the winner!

Rule: You can only post ONE picture

I think we need to have a little fun while we are waiting for the race to begin! What should we use as a pace car to start the Blue Hummer race? I have one picked out and if someone should post it here I think Daffy and Donald Duck has a gift for the winner!

Here is the pace car that I think we should be using for a race with BLUE hummers that is being hosted by Daffy!

24f801cf-162c-4717-a23c-ede36b45aa05_l.jpg

Here is the pace car that I think we should be using for a race with BLUE hummers that is being hosted by Daffy!

24f801cf-162c-4717-a23c-ede36b45aa05_l.jpg

This one is good, but I don't think it should have a number on it (at least not one of the racer's numbers).

daffy_duck_dynasty_by_michaelcrutchfield-d6m08qz.jpg

“The World Wide Blue Hummer Race”

Rules and Information

• The race will start tomorrow morning April 19, 2015

• Please place the race car you received in a cache as soon as you can. (no time limit, but do your best)

• This Match Box cars are the only item that receives points, miles, etc. in the race and will be tracked once the race has started. Anything logged prior to the start date will not count.

• A picture of the car you received and placed in a cache will count for the person’s car, but a picture of your own geocoin or tag will not.

• Pictures of your racer taken during the race gives you additional miles so keep an eye on them and encourage people to take pictures.

• DO NOT – Place the Blue Hummer geocoin or TB Copy tag you received in a cache.

• DO NOT – Let people discover the geocoin or TB Copy tag you received.

• If a cacher takes the racer to an event during the race and people discover the car, it will count.

• No virtual discoveries are allowed.

• I hope this clears up any questions.

This will be sent to everyone today. Let’s have a great race and good luck to everyone!

Gary Milligan (GaryM53)

Conductor of the Travel Express Train

Edited by GaryM53

Racer #6 and #25 left the garage and are waiting for their luck in their first cache in Pécs, Hungary. They decided to stay together for the time being. It seems that in their tough, big bodies they have a bit coward hearts. They felt uncomfortable driving around on our narrow streets. They loved the potholes though, thinking that it was driving off-road, when it was actually in the center part of town. Welcome to Hungary!

Racer #6 and #25 left the garage and are waiting for their luck in their first cache in Pécs, Hungary. They decided to stay together for the time being. It seems that in their tough, big bodies they have a bit coward hearts. They felt uncomfortable driving around on our narrow streets. They loved the potholes though, thinking that it was driving off-road, when it was actually in the center part of town. Welcome to Hungary!

If you want potholes come to Michigan...even the Hummers fear them :lol:

Yes, Yeess, Yeeesss, its there, the Hummer, it is here and its toes (oops tyres) have touched the starting line. Lets go.

For those of lesser enthusiasm. Racer Nr. 18 is ready to start.

#18 is boss

#18 is just plain bossy ... there is a difference Shannon !! ... :P

You better ask speakers-corner to put some extra air filters in the cab ...

With all the dust you'll be eating, you'll need them !!

what ya sayin?? Sorry hard to read your lips from my rear view mirror

Bojta and I did what we could and I am happy to report that Racer #6 and #25 already went through the hands of 3 cachers and with their help they have left Hungary and currently are in Austria. This included quite some logistics, and having the right people at the right place at the right time, both willing to make an effort. It is nice to have cacher friends all over, but I think now these racers are out of my territory, on their own. Good luck to them!

I hope racer #3 and #22 gets their share of attention and care, too. We are very excited to see their progress.

Edited by Strombus

Racer #9 is registered for the local CITO here. Gassed, cleaned and ready to go ... into the dirt. :lol:

10 miles logged already! LOL Just lulling everyone into a false sense of security before hitting the turbo boosters!!!

Isn't the old saying ... "Slow and steady wins the race." ... ?? ... :)

That's 10 more miles than mine has ... :lol: