Saving "Tracks" Files using BaseCamp

Choptop

I'm missing something , how do you save your files or Tracks files in Garmin BaseCamp?

I can see the tracks stored in my GPS , look at the tracks on the map using Basecamp, but for some reason I fail to see a save button to allow me to look at them later when the GPS is dissconnected from the computer.

I'm missing something , how do you save your files or Tracks files in Garmin BaseCamp?

I can see the tracks stored in my GPS , look at the tracks on the map using Basecamp, but for some reason I fail to see a save button to allow me to look at them later when the GPS is dissconnected from the computer.

You can "Export Internal Storage" (not including user-installed Garmin maps), while viewing Internal Storage. To view these waypoints & tracks when the GPSr is unplugged, "Import" that file.

Edited by kunarion

You can "Export Internal Storage" (not including user-installed Garmin maps), while viewing Internal Storage. To view these waypoints & tracks when the GPSr is unplugged, "Import" that file.

Thanks I'll try it out this evening. I think i tried the Export button but had no idea where it went or how to get it back.

Drag and drop.

Simply click on the item in the "Internal Storage" area of your GPSr, hold the mouse button down and drag it up into the My Collection or a list there under.

I do the same thing with Waypoints that I add on the device while hiking. Drag 'em up to the Collection list I want to save them in. Next time I go back to that preserve, I have my added waypoints and set my tracks to show on the map screen. My tracks can act as a trails map, provided that I didn't bushwhack cross-country too much. rolleyes.gif