Celebrating 15 Years of Geocaching World Wide Multi Event

oakcoins

Celebrating 15 Years of Geocaching World Wide Multi Event

Hi Everyone. We are excited to say that we are releasing our next multi event coin called the Celebrating 15 Years of Geocaching World Wide Multi Event. The World Wide Multi Events will take place May 3rd, 2015. Please note that the 15 on the coin will be an attachment piece. We have created a page for you to make your own custom coins for your event. Please see the page for more information. Janae will be your contact for this project. Here is a look at what the Geoswag version will be.

15_year_multi_geoswag_front.png15_year_multi_geoswag_back.png

I have ordered the 15-year geocoin for Oregon, now we've been told that the coin will be later than our event on May 3rd. The unfortunate part is that Oakcoins will no longer be doing the trading for us. So, I'm hoping to contact the other dozen or so groups that were willing to trade. I am still very interested in trading coins, so if you are willing, please contact me through geocaching.com and perhaps we can work out a private trade. Thanks !!!

I have ordered the 15-year geocoin for Oregon, now we've been told that the coin will be later than our event on May 3rd. The unfortunate part is that Oakcoins will no longer be doing the trading for us. So, I'm hoping to contact the other dozen or so groups that were willing to trade. I am still very interested in trading coins, so if you are willing, please contact me through geocaching.com and perhaps we can work out a private trade. Thanks !!!

Originally I was not going to participate in the trade, but after thinking about it, I guess I would like to. I contacted cobraleader312 directly about a trade once the coins arrive. If anyone else is interested, please feel free to contact me through my GC profile as well. I am running the NYC version of the event. Thanks!

So people getting these for events ... they'll be arriving after the event weekend?

Unfortunately we were notified by the company that handles these coins that there was a delay in production. This is the first time that I have personally had an issue getting the coins in time for an event, however the production issue is affecting both the 15 Years of Geocaching orders, as well as the May The 4th Be With You ones. I am hosting events for both here in New York City, but now will host a 3rd event later in the month after I have all the coins in hand so people can come out and get them.

So people getting these for events ... they'll be arriving after the event weekend?

Unfortunately we were notified by the company that handles these coins that there was a delay in production. This is the first time that I have personally had an issue getting the coins in time for an event, however the production issue is affecting both the 15 Years of Geocaching orders, as well as the May The 4th Be With You ones. I am hosting events for both here in New York City, but now will host a 3rd event later in the month after I have all the coins in hand so people can come out and get them.

Highly unfortunate - having them for the event is optimal, because many people like to activate them that day so they can be discovered. Later and the magic has leaked out a bit. :(

I'm just wondering. Has anyone received their coins yet?

I've gotten two newsletters from shops (US and German) and it seems like the coins are available in both places. But nothing has showed up here in Switzerland yet.

Any news about international shipping?

Edited by Mar-elendili

I'm just wondering. Has anyone received their coins yet?

I've gotten two newsletters from shops (US and German) and it seems like the coins are available in booth places. But nothing has showed up here in Switzerland yet.

Any news about international shipping?

I hosted the event in NYC and I got my coins a week ago. Have you contacted Janae directly to see when they were supposed to go out?

After attending numerous "coin" events on Long Island, I decided it was time to start having some New York City events as well. Had the NYC version of the 15 Years of Geocaching coin made using the colors from the New York City flag:

c90a0d72-4195-4557-a81a-4b5cceccd89e_l.jpg

c92ade3f-8ca5-4942-89a0-0972c77fdc61_l.jpg

I still have some New York City coins left over from my events, so if anyone is interested in purchasing or trading, please send me an email or message through my GC profile. Thanks!