(Bug)? Misdirected Forum Link

Lizzy

I was trying to go on the Northwest Forum (Washington link) and it sent me to this: http://www.geocaching.com/local/default.aspx?state_id=48

I finally figured out a round about way to get to where I wanted, which was this: http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showforum=21

I believe the Washington link is not quite right and needs fixing.

No, I do not believe that it is wrong. Did you click the other state links? They each show the same thing... pertaining to that particular state.

I don't think that there are STATE forums... just REGIONAL forums.

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

That's weird, I just clicked on NW from within the forums and it worked fine.

It depends on how you access it. I tried accessing it by GC Forums > United States > Washington and that's where it misdirected me. If I clicked on GC Forums > United States > Northwest, it works just fine. I see my problem - I just thought that "Washington" would lead me to the Northwest Forum. Instead, it shows event listings, etc. Maybe that is purposefully that way. So...maybe not a bug/problem.

Edited by Lizzy

That's weird, I just clicked on NW from within the forums and it worked fine.

It depends on how you access it. I tried accessing it by GC Forums > United States > Washington and that's where it misdirected me. If I clicked on GC Forums > United States > Northwest, it works just fine. Weird

Well, the Northwest forums is made up of six States, not just washington.

Otherwise, "Coming to the NW for an Alaska Cruise? " wouldn't be at the top of that forum. :)

Maybe it needs re-wording... Instead of saying "Talk geocaching in..." it should say something different since it does not lead to a forum.

I agree.

You'll have to start that thread though.

Whenever I start one, it sinks to the bottom in a day or two. :laughing:

Edited by cerberus1