cache i cant stop thinking about!

kirito533

There is a cache in my town that i have been trying to find for quite some time. I have gone a couple times looking for it an hour each time and no luck so far. Recently i tried contacting the Co but he hasnt been on gc for about two years now. I have tried contacting people that have found it to give me a hint but they either dont remeber beacuse it was so far back or i dont get any reply.i went through the logs and it seemed to be a difficult find more than a 2.5 stars its stated as, so maybe im just not looking hard enough? Also there is always a couple Dnfs before someone manages to find It. I dont want to post a needs archival until im absolutely sure its not there anymore.there very few caches around my area. Do you guys think i should post a needs archival or is there something else i can do?

If there's a past pattern of a few DNF's in between successful finds, then it may just be a hard cache. Unless you have specific reason to know the cache is missing -- like the area is bulldozed or a prior finder returned and said the cache was missing -- just log your DNF's and keep trying.

My record so far is 6 DNFs before finally finding the cache.

And I wouldn't log NM or NA just because I couldn't find it. There would have to be some other evidence of a problem. More than once I've been convinced that I had found the place where the cache must have been hidden, and it was gone... except that I discovered later that I was wrong, and the cache was right where it belonged all along, somewhere other than where I thought it "must have been hidden".

My record so far is 6 DNFs before finally finding the cache.

And I wouldn't log NM or NA just because I couldn't find it. There would have to be some other evidence of a problem. More than once I've been convinced that I had found the place where the cache must have been hidden, and it was gone... except that I discovered later that I was wrong, and the cache was right where it belonged all along, somewhere other than where I thought it "must have been hidden".

I had less then that and I call it my 3 strike rule. After that I ignore it unless I am with a cacher who wants to find it.