New Advanced Search

RPP

I am unable to access the new advanced search due to a server error 500, on my iPad, using Safari.

You are not the only one.

Hi folks. Thanks for reporting your issues.

We released an update to the Advanced Search sneak peak page yesterday. Could you please try clearing your browser cookies and reloading. Let us know if that does not correct the error. Thanks!

No, that didn't resolve the issue. I went to Settings, Safari, Clear History and Website Data (which includes cookies) and then went back into Safari and reopened geocaching.com, clicked on my user name and then selected Advance Search but I still get the 500 server error message.

I am unable to access the new advanced search due to a server error 500, on my iPad, using Safari.

You are not the only one.

Hi folks. Thanks for reporting your issues.

We released an update to the Advanced Search sneak peak page yesterday. Could you please try clearing your browser cookies and reloading. Let us know if that does not correct the error. Thanks!

I see that a search by "cache name contains" and specifying a location for "search only in" now shows and sorts by distance from my home location. Outstandiing!

The bad news: we released a new version of the search page yesterday which unfortunately introduced a bug in loading the root page.

The good news: we're working on a fix now and we hope to have it out very soon. As NYPC noticed above, the fixed release will include a few much requested improvements. Thanks for your patience!

I've just tried to load the advanced search again this evening and the page now loads OK. Thanks for sorting it so quickly.

However the search results are not rendered correctly. If you search on London, then Add Filters, and put 'Challenges' in the 'Cache name contains' field the results show symbols replaced by numbers (decimal code). For example, 'I ♥ Multis Challenge' should be 'I ❤️ Multis Challenge'. There are many others e.g. 5⭐️ Challenges where the symbols have all been replaced by decimal code. Do you want me to start a new thread for that bug or is there one somewhere for reporting bugs in the new search functionality?