I'VE GOT CABIN FEVER!!!

Ttepee

Rain now, on top of the previous snows, then extreme cold, then extreme snows..(not to mention life in between there) I can't take it anymore!

I need!! to get outside and relax before I go boom. I sure hope others in the northeast are feeling this way and that we'll see a whole lotta activity soon and not just players that have gotten bored and moved on.

In case anyone hadn't seen it (NY,NJ,CT or anyone else that can make it)... there's an overnight event planned at Pound Ridge Reservation in Westchester County NY for 6/7-6/8... this sounds like alot of fun, something we're definitely needing to pull the community together and hopefully bring in some new blood. Thanks Ct A-team for putting it together any help I can offer don't hesitate to ask. Will email you privately also.

Ok June's got fun stuff going...so now what to do with the rest of Feb and maybe March?? I gotta toughen back up again. In the beginning of the winter I did it cause it was a challenge...though didn't find many so I got bored. I think soon it's going to be time to go into hide mode..I hope anyway icon_smile.gif They're all made, packed and planned in the head ...gotta make em happen.

Where's everyone else at?

...with a good ol' sweat! (ewww!)

I just don't enjoy snow caching-- it's too difficult to figure out where to start looking when there are several dozen "promising" snow-covered blobs; limitless choice kinda takes the fun out of it.

But I wanted to do *something* cache-like so I've decided to set a night-only cache. Got myself some reflective pins from WallyWorld, pulled on about 17 layers and took off for the snow-covered Barrens.

UGH! I walked only half a mile in and by the time I got out of there I was thoroughly exhausted. Sweatin' like a pig and about ready to drop. Mucking through a foot of dense snow is hard work.

So, my cabin fever's gone. I'm more than ready to sit inside watching MST3K until the snow's all gone! (Except now I have to set that cache!)

X is for X, and X marks the spot, On the rug in the parlor, The sand in the lot, Where once you were standing, And now you are not.

I'll say it and don't care WHO knows:

170 pounds, 5'4", size 8 feet, not narrow, not wide.

You can ship those snow shoes to POB 1313, State College, PA 16801.

ha HA! I shall be watching for them!!

X is for X, and X marks the spot, On the rug in the parlor, The sand in the lot, Where once you were standing, And now you are not.

quote:
Originally posted by enfanta:

...with a good ol' sweat! (ewww!)

I just don't enjoy snow caching-- it's too difficult to figure out where to start looking when there are several dozen "promising" snow-covered blobs; limitless choice kinda takes the fun out of it.

But I wanted to do *something* cache-like so I've decided to set a night-only cache. Got myself some reflective pins from WallyWorld, pulled on about 17 layers and took off for the snow-covered Barrens.

UGH! I walked only half a mile in and by the time I got out of there I was thoroughly exhausted. Sweatin' like a pig and about ready to drop. Mucking through a foot of dense snow is hard work.

So, my cabin fever's gone. I'm more than ready to sit inside watching MST3K until the snow's all gone! (Except now I have to set that cache!)

I hear Buzzbe is shining up the new "coon" light already!

How soon until we see this?

Salvelinus

goldfish.gif

"The trail will be long and full of frustrations. Life is a whole and good and evil must be accepted together"

Ralph Abele

quote:
I hear Buzzbe is shining up the new "coon" light already! How soon until we see this?

I gotta go back *out* in that?? icon_rolleyes.gif

sigh.

okay. I'll try for this week-end... icon_razz.gif

Don't worry about those charts, you will regret it if you buy big shoes. Thirty years ago when I bought my first pair, I read the charts and bought a 36 inch shoe. Wrong! I don't know anyone who uses 36" shoes, try walking in other peoples tracks when yours a six inches longer. I have three pair of Sherpas, but they were bought out by another corporation and have declined drastically in quality. I broke a pair of Tubbs the first time I used them. Right now, I like Northern Lites ( www.northernlites.com). They are much lighter than my shoes, and I know someone who has used them hard for ten years, and they have held up very well. Quite a few people like the MSR shoes, but they are too flimsy for my tastes.