How to find a user name

acachebox

Does the challenge dictate if it is to be actual cache owner name, or the "Placed By" name?

Are you looking for what caches you've found that qualifies, or are you looking for caches that qualify for the challenge?

The short answer is "pocket queries and GSAK". The long answer depends on your reply.

My Geocaching Profile.com gives me a list of caches that fill in the challenge using the first letter or number of the Placed by name.

I need a cache placed by someone who's name begins with the letter X and one who's name begins with the number 6. What i am asking is there a way to search with that limited amount of information?

I need a cache placed by someone who's name begins with the letter X and one who's name begins with the number 6. What i am asking is there a way to search with that limited amount of information?

I took a quick look at project-gc and didn't see a way of doing it. There may be, but I'm far from an expert with that tool and it always manages to surprise me. Maybe someone else more familiar can chime in.

My suggest is to create PQs that cover your area, for caches you haven't found. Then you can either import it into GSAK to perform a search by "Placed by" (or just sort that column and look manually).

Alternatively, you can open the PQ in a text editor and search for : <Groundspeak:placed_by>x and <Groundspeak:placed_by>6 (or you can use a regular expression if you use an editor like Notepad++).

If i wanted to fill in the 36 challenge how would i locate a cache placed by a cacher who's name starts with the letter X or a number?

Look at the logs on the cache page for the challenge and see which caches/cachers others have used to qualify. (It worked for me when I needed the "X".)

Now for another question. Where do I find the challenge page? All I have at this point is a list showing what i have found relating to the 36 challenge.

If i wanted to fill in the 36 challenge how would i locate a cache placed by a cacher who's name starts with the letter X or a number?

Look at the logs on the cache page for the challenge and see which caches/cachers others have used to qualify. (It worked for me when I needed the "X".)

That is what I do first too.

That is what I do first too.

How do I find the Challenge Cache? I can see the results to date but they were just accrued with in general and the soft ware applied them to the challenge. Now I need to find the Challenge Cache so I can attempt to complete it.

Are you asking for the GC code? Or are you asking how to complete a challenge?

The GC code for a NJ CO challenge is given above. Not sure if it is one near you.

To complete a challenge, find the challenge cache (usually at the posted coordinates), sign the log, and fulfill the challenge requirements. They can be done in any order, but you can only post an online found it after both are done.

The GC code for a NJ CO challenge is given above. Not sure if it is one near you.

To complete a challenge, find the challenge cache (usually at the posted coordinates), sign the log, and fulfill the challenge requirements. They can be done in any order, but you can only post an online found it after both are done.

thanks for the New Jersey Alphabet cache GC.

My question remains how can I find caches that will allow me to fill in the missing items on the list? I can search for caches beginning with the letter X on Geocaching.com bu that only returns caches with a complete name of X. I would also like to search for caches placed by members who's caching name begins with a given letter or number.

My question remains how can I find caches that will allow me to fill in the missing items on the list? I can search for caches beginning with the letter X on Geocaching.com bu that only returns caches with a complete name of X. I would also like to search for caches placed by members who's caching name begins with a given letter or number.

You're missing X and 6, is that correct?

If you look at the photos of some of the logs, a few qualifying COs are : 6 guns blazing, 66MrEd, 6/21 CJG, xtrane, xd10533, xdmanman, xBird, xterrokee, xgreensquirrelx. Look them up and see if they have any cache hides near you. To find a user by name : http://www.geocaching.com/find/default.aspx

You're missing X and 6, is that correct?

If you look at the photos of some of the logs, a few qualifying COs are : 6 guns blazing, 66MrEd, 6/21 CJG, xtrane, xd10533, xdmanman, xBird, xterrokee, xgreensquirrelx. Look them up and see if they have any cache hides near you. To find a user by name : http://www.geocaching.com/find/default.aspx

nnnnnow we are getting somewhere. Thanks for that idea