Suggestions for Kansas City business trip

Team Hugs

Shortly, I'll be visiting Kansas City on business for several days, staying downtown. I won't have access to a car, so ... shoe-leather and public transportation are the only way I'll have to get around during what limited time I'll have for caching.

What suggestions do you have for good places to do some caching --- especially for an out-of-towner? I'll have a couple of chunks of extended time (a couple of mornings), if there's some good caching spots that require a bit of transport. (Alas, not enough time to make it out to Mingo.)

One of the few things I don't like about KC is the public transport. The bus system isn't all that great. Staying downtown, your best bet is to use The Max system, which runs from the River Market (just north of downtown) to the Country Club Plaza to the south. Plenty of places to hop on/off in between.

If you stop in the Union Station/Crown Center area, you can get walk around to 15 caches between Penn Valley Park to the west, Hospital Hill to the east, Pershing Road to the north and 31st St. to the south. That's the best "cluster" of caches near downtown.

I just mean it's not like you can generally hop on a bus, get off at a stop, and right away find another bus coming from the other direction to take you back to where you started. But staying downtown, you're close enough to the Kansas side that that staff at your hotel should be able to direct you to a popular-enough bus route going to/from the Kansas side.

If it was me, I'd consider taking a cab. Confluence at Kaw Point (GC232Y8) is the most favorited Kansas-side cache near downtown. Only about 3 miles away. There's also a traditional in the park- GC4HA55. Shouldn't be too expensive of a cab ride, even with the driver waiting 15 or so minutes for you to get both caches.

I just mean it's not like you can generally hop on a bus, get off at a stop, and right away find another bus coming from the other direction to take you back to where you started.

Ah. Okay ... if it's just timing, I can deal with that. I've looked at the bus schedules enough to understand that they don't come amazingly frequently (especially on the weekend).