New Eartchcache .. log immediately, or wait?

Rumager

A new Earthcache is published.

You rush out, get the required info and email the CO.

Do you ...

1. Log your find immediately to claim the FTF (assuming there are no other logs).

2. Wait until you hear from the CO before doing anything, knowing that someone else might claim the FTF.

Do you ...

1. Log your find immediately to claim the FTF (assuming there are no other logs).

2. Wait until you hear from the CO before doing anything, knowing that someone else might claim the FTF.

Sometimes the guidelines will help:

You send the answers to the owner and may log right after you sentt the answers. You do not have to wait for the owner to answer.

FTF for an Earthcache maybe a waterfall or something? What about the hundred of tourists already there? They all found it before you.

MB

FTF on an Earth cache!are you for real?

Sure, why not? An FTF is a completely unofficial concept and means different things to different people.

I mention who was FTF on my earthcaches - simply the first person to "complete the cache" by sending me the required info.

Your mileage may vary.

Edited by funkymunkyzone

Sure, why not? An FTF is a completely unofficial concept and means different things to different people.

I mention who was FTF on my earthcaches - simply the first person to "complete the cache" by sending me the required info.

I would not do that. It could for example be that a group visits your Earthcache and one member of the group made the greatest contribution to answering the questions, but

sends in the answers later. There are indeed cache owners who then rank the group members as FTF, STF, TFT according to when their logs arrive - completely absurd in my opinion.

In my opinion, FTF makes even less sense for ECs than for other cache types.

I would not do that. It could for example be that a group visits your Earthcache and one member of the group made the greatest contribution to answering the questions, but

sends in the answers later. There are indeed cache owners who then rank the group members as FTF, STF, TFT according to when their logs arrive - completely absurd in my opinion.

In my opinion, FTF makes even less sense for ECs than for other cache types.

I don't get worked up over it. And as I said, FTF means different things to different people - and that's ok. If a group FTFs any of my caches, I put all of the members of the group in as the FTF. I think there's a lot of angst over FTFs because people forget that geocaching should be fun. My bet is we agree on that.