Virtual Logbook and special cache

Infra-Blue

[sOLVED] Hello everybody !

Just wondering a little thing. I'm planning to make a special geocache including a USB key. Here is how I see the things :

The cache will consist in a USB key landlocked in a wall. The geocachers will have to bring a computer, take the final coordinates on the fisrt USB, then go to the coordinates and log their found on a second USB key. Because the geocachers have to bring their laptops and because there will be no indications in the description, it will be a 5* difficulty.

Here are my questions now :

- making a geocache with USB keys is OK ?

- Is a virtual logbook OK or do I have to make a real container for the end ?

- Is it more a mystery geocache or a multiple one ?

Thank you for reading me ;)

Edited by Infra-Blue

Hello everybody !

Just wondering a little thing. I'm planning to make a special geocache including a USB key. Here is how I see the things :

The cache will consist in a USB key landlocked in a wall. The geocachers will have to bring a computer, take the final coordinates on the fisrt USB, then go to the coordinates and log their found on a second USB key. Because the geocachers have to bring their laptops and because there will be no indications in the description, it will be a 5* difficulty.

- making a geocache with USB keys is OK ?

- Is a virtual logbook OK or do I have to make a real container for the end ?

- Is it more a mystery geocache or a multiple one ?

This is a joke, right?

Many times in this forum, this idea has been discussed. It has always been rejected as a very bad idea. A little effort with the search function will lead you to those previous threads, including one that was very recently posted.

Personally, I don't lug a computer or phone or anything like that when I'm caching. If I did, there's nothing in this world that would convince me to plug into anything left by a stranger.

A chat with your Reviewer might help you.

A close perusal of the Guidelines might be in order.

https://www.geocaching.com/about/guidelines.aspx

and the Help Center

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=22

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

Hello everybody !

- making a geocache with USB keys is OK ? NO

- Is a virtual logbook OK NOor do I have to make a real container for the end? YES

- Is it more a mystery geocache or a multiple one ? NONE