Loading multiple caches to GPS

stlbndr

Hello all, I have been loading the way points for each cache to my GPS one at a time. This process takes forever!!!! I have been trying to figure out how to load multiple caches all at the same time. I have found that if you look at the caches in list form you are able to select the whole list but I can't figure out how to load them all to my GPS at the same time. Does anyone out there know how I can do this so I can save some time and avoid the frustration of one at a time?

Ok I must be real stupid. Hahahaha. So I created a pocket query and all that went well. But I still don't see how to send all that to my GPS. It only gives me a button to run the query. I don't see an option to send to GPS. Maybe I did that wrong also.
There are three steps to using a PQ to get data onto your computer/device.
  • Create the PQ - This defines the search criteria.
  • Run the PQ - This runs the search and generates a copy of the geocache data.
  • Download the PQ - This downloads the copy of the geocache data to your computer/device.

You can't download the PQ data until you actually run the PQ.

Yeah right. I haven't been able to get a pocket query to download on my garmin yet.

You have to select a day of the week to run the PQ, using the checkboxes in the columns to the right. Select the current day, and within a couple minutes you'll get an email that your PQ is ready to download.

I think he means load it to the GPS not to create one.

Again best to let us know what type of GPS you have.

I have a Garmin 62CS and I use GSAK. I create a PQ on the GC site, put it in GSAK, filter out ones I don't want to do, create a GPX file. Then plug GPS to the computer. Open a window, open Garmin, Open GPX folder and dump the GPX file I made into it. Unplug the GPS and turn it on to double check it to be sure the file went in.

I create the PQ. After it runs, I follow the link to download the PQ from the website to my computer. It usually arrives in a .zip file, so I unzip it before moving the files to the GPX Folder on my Oregon. Is there another way? Win7, Firefox 36.0, Garmin Oregon 450

I create the PQ. After it runs, I follow the link to download the PQ from the website to my computer. It usually arrives in a .zip file, so I unzip it before moving the files to the GPX Folder on my Oregon. Is there another way? Win7, Firefox 36.0, Garmin Oregon 450
That's pretty much how I load PQs on my eXplorist, using my Mac instead of a Windows box.

Of course, my Android apps have used the API to download PQs, with no need to connect my device to a computer.

That's pretty much how I load PQs on my eXplorist, using my Mac instead of a Windows box.

Of course, my Android apps have used the API to download PQs, with no need to connect my device to a computer.

I do all that stuff except gsak which I won't use because pqs won't work. i check and nothing is on my garmin. I have had people tell me to use gsak but if pq won't work I am not wasting my time and money on gsak. I have an oregon 450. Anybody is welcome to come here and talk me through it in person. Reading instructions doesn't help because half of the time I have no idea what you are talking about.

I do all that stuff except gsak which I won't use because pqs won't work. i check and nothing is on my garmin. I have had people tell me to use gsak but if pq won't work I am not wasting my time and money on gsak. I have an oregon 450. Anybody is welcome to come here and talk me through it in person. Reading instructions doesn't help because half of the time I have no idea what you are talking about.

I use GSAK all the time and never have any problem with PQs. Explain what you are doing so we can see what maybe the problem.

and unless you want to pay for my airfare, what I do instead of just written instructions, is I include snippets so you can see what I am talking about. Some of these guys (I'm sorry)are to technical and I speak simple instructions. I know they know more then me but I have been using GSAK for 8 years, so I know enough.

because pqs won't work. if pq won't work

And this is your biggest problem. You load a PQ to the GSAK but you create a GPX file for your GPS not a PQ.

Edited by jellis

I dont do anything with GSAK. Seems like a waste, what good is it?

It would take days and pages to begin to list all the benefits of gsak. If all you want to do is take a pq and dump it into your gps you don't need it but for anything else it is extremely useful.

One example would be taking a bike ride and finding 50 caches thenit comes time to log them. Wrote one log and one click and done. Otherwise you have to do it 50 times. that alone is worth the one time fee.

Edited by Walts Hunting

Read the forums. See how many times questions are asked "How can I do this...?" "How can I find out..." and the answer is "GSAK".

It IS a powerful tool, not needed by a lot of cachers. But there are those that can get a lot out of using GSAK.

If all you want is to Run PQ, place PQ in GPS, go caching. You dont need GSAK.

Read the forums. See how many times questions are asked "How can I do this...?" "How can I find out..." and the answer is "GSAK".

It IS a powerful tool, not needed by a lot of cachers. But there are those that can get a lot out of using GSAK.

If all you want is to Run PQ, place PQ in GPS, go caching. You dont need GSAK.

See that is the problem...Pocket queris will not go to my gps

See that is the problem...Pocket queris will not go to my gps

Forget about gsak for right now. (I've never used gsak to load anything into my gps, so it is not essential.)

Have you followed the very clear instructions in the Help Center?

http://support.Groundspeak.com//index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=28

Next, in order for folks to be able to help you, you need to very clearly describe what you are doing. There's no way of knowing what the problem is with the vague "will not go to my gps" statement.

You need to describe it step by step, exactly what you are doing.

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol