Views *and* visits/comments counters not working?

Mr.Yuck

I remember years ago talking to a one-time prolific Waymarker (who has long since left the game), and him telling me that the "views" counter on Waymark listings rarely worked. This is on the left hands side of a listing under "location", "date posted" etc. I posted a visit on a Waymark yesterday (although my visit was 10 months ago), and not only has "views" not changed, "view comments/visits" under "waymark options" remains at 0, even though I posted a visit. Additionally, "views" is only at 4. Like only 4 people have ever looked at the listing.

So is it well known this stuff never works, or hasn't in some time? I don't see any recent threads.

• Upvote 2

I viewed it, and wasn't logged in, and the count was at 4. I logged in, viewed again, and the count moved to 5.

So seems the count may (?) only update for logged in users?

I can see logged in users only counting for visitors. There may be hundreds of page views, but very few logged in Waymarkers, I suppose. I can't remember if it was 3 before I looked at it, but it probably was. My visit still doesn't show up though, it still says 0 visits for me.

• Upvote 1

As far as I know, it is unique logged in users. Also multiple visits of the same user do not count.

I will go with that. And that feature has probably been around for 5 years or more. And even 5 years later, it's not uncommon to see a waymark listing that has never been visited by a logged in Waymarker. :ph34r:

Still though, my visit is not counting. I'm talking under "Waymark Options" on the right hand side of the page. It still says 0 people have visited, and I have, it should be 1.

• Upvote 1