Complaint from CO

neilo10

I feel like I'm respecting both sides here. I'm including in my logs the needed and useful information about the cache and/or container so the CO knows the condition. At the same time, I'm including in my log a personal side...I'm telling about my day. I enjoy challenge caches so I often mention if a cache helped reach a goal or challenge.

It seems like we've gone from COs being upset about logs that are too short to logs that are too long now. And dprovan is complaining about having to scroll through a long log...I don't understand the problem. Honestly.

Is it not ok to add a personal side to my logs?

Trust me, every time I run across a cache that is unique, clearly took some effort or was extra fun, I write about it. I probably also include the personal note about my day.

Don't spend too much time worrying about it. You may please someone here in the forums with the way you write your logs....But, there will be another level of CO that is so sensitive to these things; that they will not be able to sleep at night until they email you, to tell you that you should "recognize them for their cache in your log write up". There is a whole spectrum of cache owners out there, you can't please them all.

Edited by Uncle Alaska

I feel like I'm respecting both sides here. I'm including in my logs the needed and useful information about the cache and/or container so the CO knows the condition. At the same time, I'm including in my log a personal side...I'm telling about my day. I enjoy challenge caches so I often mention if a cache helped reach a goal or challenge.

It seems like we've gone from COs being upset about logs that are too short to logs that are too long now. And dprovan is complaining about having to scroll through a long log...I don't understand the problem. Honestly.

Trust me, every time I run across a cache that is unique, clearly took some effort or was extra fun, I write about it. I probably also include the personal note about my day.

Don't spend too much time worrying about it. You may please someone here in the forums with the way you write your logs....But, there will be another level of CO that is so sensitive to these things; that they will not be able to sleep at night until they email you, to tell you that you should "recognize them for their cache in your log write up". There is a whole spectrum of cache owners out there, you can't please them all.

True. But just as you would in most social situations, you can at least try to be polite.

Doesn't have much to do with the topic, in my opinion. The OP apparently dropped a Tftc turd on a cache after he had emailed the owner for a hint. As noted by 4wheelinfool, it's highly unlikely the OP would have been emailed them out of the blue for dropping a tftc turd on the cache if the whole "give me a hint, please" email never happened.

Additionally, speaking as a representative of the anti lame log community, "we" don't want nor expect praise for our time and efforts in placing a cache. "We" just don't like the dumbing down of the art of Geocache logging. I mean we can have a bar code sticker game where there is no logging at all. With an option for logging that almost no one uses. But it's not a bar code sticker game where there is no logging at all, with an option for logging that almost no one uses. :P

Additionally, speaking as a representative of the anti lame log community, "we" don't want nor expect praise for our time and efforts in placing a cache. "We" just don't like the dumbing down of the art of Geocache logging. I mean we can have a bar code sticker game where there is no logging at all. With an option for logging that almost no one uses. But it's not a bar code sticker game where there is no logging at all, with an option for logging that almost no one uses. :P

I agree, in general...However, One could have a thread 60 pages long (maybe there is one or two out there already?) and in it would be a huge variance on the definition of "lame-log"...If you spend too much time trying to please every single person, then when do you actually get to cache?

knowschad: "...More elaborite caches can take days or weeks or more, and cost tens, hundreds, or even thousands of dollars (yes, we had one like that here)..." Some finders spend hundreds, if not thousands of dollars on long trips visiting these caches. How about the CO and Finder cut each other some slack and just let the logs be? :anibad:

Edited by Uncle Alaska

I don't see much difference in TFTC and cut and paste logs. Today I had some of my puzzles logged. They all said the same thing. Found while out on a business trip in the area. Nothing about the puzzles or about the hide. One of the puzzles has not been found in many months. I was just thinking of going to check on it. Now someone has found it. I don't know if it was in OK shape or not as I see all the logs were the same. I don't really care that all were the same but if the cacher had said all was in good shape or something I wouldn't still have it on my mind I should check it.

With all due respect, I don't care how annoyed the CO feels about the length of my log.

I'm not talking about the CO. The CO will only see one or two of these, unless he has a high concentration of hides in one area. I'm talking about people seeking the caches. Just as you did, they're going to look at that string of caches, and they're going to see the same repetitive blurb about your day in every single one.

Also, keep in mind that most days I'm logging caches for multiple COs.

I see you've missed the central point. You're still imagining a single person reading a single log. Talking about your day is just fine, but the problem here is that you mistakenly think your day is so important that you must make absolutely sure every person reading every log in the area hears about it. I don't mind if you decide to do that, I just wanted you to appreciate how other people see it.

I see you've missed the central point. You're still imagining a single person reading a single log. Talking about your day is just fine, but the problem here is that you mistakenly think your day is so important that you must make absolutely sure every person reading every log in the area hears about it. I don't mind if you decide to do that, I just wanted you to appreciate how other people see it.

Why is he mistaken in thinking his day is important? It's important to him, and he's the one writing the log.

You say you don't mind, but your choice of words say otherwise.

Why is he mistaken in thinking his day is important? It's important to him, and he's the one writing the log.

I keep a private wordpress blog of my geocaching days. I write an entry for each cache I find. (Stuff I wouldn't write in public logs - spoiler info and spoiler photos). It would not be useful to me to write "Out caching today with my dog. Found 21 caches. I now qualify for BobCacher's '20 caches in a day' challenge." on each of my 21 wordpress entries that day.

When I read logs, it's similar to reading blog entries. I would not want to read the same thing copy and pasted into each entry.

Also, cut-n-paste logs are spam-ish. No one likes spam messages.

Edited by L0ne.R

With all due respect, I don't care how annoyed the CO feels about the length of my log.

I'm not talking about the CO. The CO will only see one or two of these, unless he has a high concentration of hides in one area. I'm talking about people seeking the caches. Just as you did, they're going to look at that string of caches, and they're going to see the same repetitive blurb about your day in every single one.

I did mistake your statement as one coming from a CO's perspective, but the same still applies if it were from a finder's perspective. And I understand your point, however, it is too simplistic to assume that people are going to follow the same route that I do so often that it would become annoying to read my logs. To be honest, if I thought there was a significant chance that someone were going to follow the exact same route so many times that they would become annoyed by my logs, I would probably change them. I'm actually surprised at how many on this thread are making this assumption. Perhaps yo guys are accustomed to people who log dozens of caches daily in the same area. A typical day for me might include 1 or 2 caches, certainly fewer than 5 on most days...and on these days I typically don't include a copy/paste portion unless I'm seeking a challenge. On days that I find 10 or more, it's usually for a challenge and I do include the copy/paste portion.

I didn't say his day wasn't important because I agree his day was important. What I said was his day wasn't important enough to repeat the spiel about it endlessly just to make sure that anyone that reads any log of any cache he did that day will know all about it. The changes it from a valid report of a important event to spam.

You have a good point, but here's what I mean: I don't care if he does it, and I can easily deal with it, but I think it reflects poorly on him, and I wanted him to know why.

I think that dprovan was referring to the annoyance a cache owner feels when he gets multiple Found It logs in a row, where 90%+ is duplicate text, and having to look through each one to see if there is something unique in it.

It isn't the end of the world, what you're doing, to me. Don't get me wrong... I'm not frothing at the mouth. Just don't understand what you gain by putting the copy/paste portion in each and every cache you found that day? Why? Put it in the first log if you need a record of it (which is nice... I consider my cache log history, as well as my gallery, to be a personal journal.

My thoughts on this - last question first. I might want to put some general information about the day to help me when I look back at this log a year or 3 later. E.g. 3 years later someone asks me about cache X. A general statement like "Out with Fred and Bill on the coldest day on record" would help my memory remember that day; and likely help with my remembering the cache.

But I do understand these can be annoying. Not so much to the cache owner but other finders. When they are looking at logs, e.g. to decide if it is a cache they want to do. Or in the field looking for a hint.

I do paste general information about my day sometimes but I try and keep it short.

I think that dprovan was referring to the annoyance a cache owner feels when he gets multiple Found It logs in a row, where 90%+ is duplicate text, and having to look through each one to see if there is something unique in it.

It isn't the end of the world, what you're doing, to me. Don't get me wrong... I'm not frothing at the mouth. Just don't understand what you gain by putting the copy/paste portion in each and every cache you found that day? Why? Put it in the first log if you need a record of it (which is nice... I consider my cache log history, as well as my gallery, to be a personal journal.

My thoughts on this - last question first. I might want to put some general information about the day to help me when I look back at this log a year or 3 later. E.g. 3 years later someone asks me about cache X. A general statement like "Out with Fred and Bill on the coldest day on record" would help my memory remember that day; and likely help with my remembering the cache.

But I do understand these can be annoying. Not so much to the cache owner but other finders. When they are looking at logs, e.g. to decide if it is a cache they want to do. Or in the field looking for a hint.

I do paste general information about my day sometimes but I try and keep it short.

Particularly when the last batch of finders were a part of a large group that all logs like that.

I thought I should share today I got a log that said "TFTC!!" See those two !! made me know they enjoyed it!

As you can probably guess, Mr.Yuck still thinks it's Yucky. :mad: It's two more characters. It's still an acronym log. Wasn't too hard to find. Came from a 2014 joining smartphone cacher, who has never hidden a cache of their own. That's where the vast majority of Tftc logs come from.

P.S. His/her partner (with similar credentials, of course) only gave you one exclamation point. :P

I thought I should share today I got a log that said "TFTC!!" See those two !! made me know they enjoyed it!

As you can probably guess, Mr.Yuck still thinks it's Yucky. :mad: It's two more characters. It's still an acronym log. Wasn't too hard to find. Came from a 2014 joining smartphone cacher, who has never hidden a cache of their own. That's where the vast majority of Tftc logs come from.

P.S. His/her partner (with similar credentials, of course) only gave you one exclamation point. :P

That's the rating system some have been asking for. :laughing:

That's the rating system some have been asking for. :laughing:

So what does it mean if there are 3 exclamation marks, four smiley faces and an asterisk? Does 2 or more question marks mean "what the hell was this CO thinking when he hid this?"? We need a decoding cheat sheet immediately!

I'm one of these terrible people who use GSAK to write logs containing boilerplate. The first paragraph is always a single line containing the find number and find time. The second paragraph is always a quick summary of why I'm out caching that day - usually 2-3 lines.

So, if you ever get one of my logs, start reading at paragraph 3. This is my experience at the cache. If it is just one sentence then I wasn't a lot impressed. Usually, though, I'll write a decent paragraph and sometimes several paragraphs - particularly if a favourite point is in the offing.

I always add a separate paragraph describing the state of the cache, what we took and/or left etc.

Finally I thank the cache owner for the experience.

Yes, I add the second paragraph to every cache because that is for my information, when looking back to refresh my memory about the day. Putting it just on the first cache of the day doesn't help.

I've had several e-mails from CO's thanking me for the log I wrote and never had one from a CO complaining about them, so I must be keeping some of the people happy some of the time.

I'm one of these terrible people who use GSAK to write logs containing boilerplate. The first paragraph is always a single line containing the find number and find time. The second paragraph is always a quick summary of why I'm out caching that day - usually 2-3 lines.

So, if you ever get one of my logs, start reading at paragraph 3. This is my experience at the cache. If it is just one sentence then I wasn't a lot impressed. Usually, though, I'll write a decent paragraph and sometimes several paragraphs - particularly if a favourite point is in the offing.

I always add a separate paragraph describing the state of the cache, what we took and/or left etc.

Finally I thank the cache owner for the experience.

Yes, I add the second paragraph to every cache because that is for my information, when looking back to refresh my memory about the day. Putting it just on the first cache of the day doesn't help.

I've had several e-mails from CO's thanking me for the log I wrote and never had one from a CO complaining about them, so I must be keeping some of the people happy some of the time.

I quit reading the boilerplate "whoopee for me, this is find # x of yy for me today" as soon as I see that stuff. Why not put the information most relevant to the cache owner first in your log, and the personal notes at the end? Your purpose is accomplished by having that stuff, and your message to the cache owner is first in the log.

So, if you ever get one of my logs, start reading at paragraph 3.

I agree: if you're going to do it, at least be organized. I admit, the ones that really bug me are the ones where the cache unique stuff is just somewhere down in the middle of the single paragraph, nearly impossible to find without reading through the cut&paste text yet again to figure out where it ends.

Although you might want to keep in mind that those clear paragraphs that you see when you're looking at the log on-line just turn into lines and lines of text on a narrow GPSr screen.

Yeah, I guess I don't really understand that. Assuming you couldn't, instead, write about how this cache itself fit into your day in a way that would not repeat what you've said before yet remind you of the rest of the day, is it really so hard to find the first cache of the day in those rare times you need to look it up? Finding the first cache of a day seems so easy to me, it wouldn't even be worth copy&pasting some global description of the day into every log even if I didn't consider that many people will have to read that text many times to pay for my convenience.

One of the first things I learned about spam and telemarketers is not to waste even more of my time responding to them.

I wouldn't go making that assumption. If you've read this thread, then you know that a LOT of COs would never email you about their dissatisfaction. Just because you haven't had an email doesn't mean that you're making them happy. It may just mean that they haven't told you what they think.

I will admit that the way you are doing it is how a good many cachers in my area are now logging their finds.

I wouldn't go making that assumption. If you've read this thread, then you know that a LOT of COs would never email you about their dissatisfaction. Just because you haven't had an email doesn't mean that you're making them happy. It may just mean that they haven't told you what they think.

I will admit that the way you are doing it is how a good many cachers in my area are now logging their finds.

I wasn't assuming that the non-complainers were happy. However those who do take the time to say thanks probably are. Hence the "some of the people some of the time" wording.

Ha Ha! I was just joking as I know it was still not a great log. I feel I at least deserved 3 !!! I am contemplating whether or not I should email them and ask why my cool cache didn't get 3 !!!. :laughing:

I am hoping if I do my next cache they find gets a good log like TFTC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by WarNinjas

I am hoping if I do my next cache they find gets a good log like TFTC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!  
   !!!     !!!            !!!    !!!    !!! 
   !!!     !!!            !!!    !!!        
   !!!     !!!!!!!!       !!!    !!!        
   !!!     !!!            !!!     !!!!!!!!  

I'm one of these terrible people who use GSAK to write logs containing boilerplate.

And the feature which facilitates that is probably the greatest disservice GSAK has done to geocaching.

I'm one of the terrible people who might read your first log, roll my eyes, promptly delete the notification emails for any others and get on with something more interesting.

I had not left the thread and I certainly don't thimk everything is hunky dory. Some people have to work and have life with family etc. I thank all those who commented both with positive and negative attitudes etc. in future we will just geocache for the fun and the pleasure and not worry about comments etc from CO,s or other cachers.

No comment about misleading us about the circumstances? We first envisioned the cache owner emailing you out of the blue, but then discovered that you emailed him first for a hint. That kind of alters the scenario, as I doubt that he would email anyone else who posted a TFTC.

We see this all the time where someone states their side of the story while leaving out pertinent details. We shouldn't have been so surpised. ;)

An out of the blue email would have been rude. I'll simply ignore it if one ever comes my way and would probably make it a point to never go for any that CO's caches again.

On the otherhand, i appreciate nice logs and dislike seeing acronyms like TFTC. I honestly cannot think of a time that i ever used TFTC or TNSL. I have had a few COs thank me for my logs but i've never had one contact me with a complaint. Logs that i write usually don't have much complaining in them but it's pretty easy to tell what i think of a cache when reading them. For the most part, the shorter the log, the lamer i thought the cache was.

Well, I read through all the arguments and comments, and it seems the initial issue is clarified/resolved, but I figured I'd just comment what I thought when I read the FIRST post, before it all blew up.

If the OP was logging 20 caches from the same CO, I figure that they had plenty of notifications for those other caches. Me, I'd be ok with a simple TFTC if it was a short simple cache. Not everyone is motivated to write an epic note. However, yeah, if a hint was requested, there was at least a bit of interaction on that particular find, so something beyond acronyms might be expected. Not Required, of course, because Etiquette is a guide, not a Law. So both sides seemed a bit over-sensitive.

Water under the bridge, I hope, and both parties keep on Cacheing.... :)

!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!  
   !!!     !!!!!!!!       !!!    !!!        
   !!!     !!!            !!!     !!!!!!!!  

Now that log would be awesome!

Wish they had a rule for that. Have it instead of just a Maximum of characters but a minimum. Like more then 20. TNLNSL TYFTH would be too short.

So we update our auto logging or whatever to make it TNLNSL TYFTH 0000000. It would just result in more garbledygook on the page. At least TFTC gets to the point.

A little off topic, but are you aware that no one reads down to the cache-specific portion?

Obviously a stretch to say 'no one' reads it. I get responses relating to the cache-specific portion frequently. I do plan to reverse the order after reading through some suggestions here, though.

Oh, and by the way, by the time I get to the 10th log, I'm starting to get a little annoyed at all the wasted space I'm having to climb over to get to the logs that actually have content. I think you use a cut&paste intro because you're thinking of each log in isolation, but when I'm following your path 2 days later, I see them as a collection, and the redundancy really starts to add up.

I just thought you might want to know that.

With all due respect, I don't care how annoyed the CO feels about the length of my log. I write logs according to the experience I had for the day. I also write logs in a fashion that I would enjoy people writing when they log my caches. I enjoy reading logs stating the day other caches had. I'll have to lump your being annoyed with a length or repetitive copy/paste portion in with the COs who are annoyed by a simple TFTC.

You're complaining about having to flick your fingers a couple times to scroll down the page...seriously?

I'm kind of sorry to hear you post like that. I was more on your side before reading that. I see that you have a fair number of hides out. I did not take time to look at them to try to guess how much effort went into them, but even the simplest LPC or stop sign hide takes some effort. More elaborite caches can take days or weeks or more, and cost tens, hundreds, or even thousands of dollars (yes, we had one like that here). I hope you aren't telling me that cache owners don't have a right to their opinion, and a right to vocalize that opinion, when it comes to long copy/paste logs, OR TFTC logs. WE (cache owners, including yourself) put that cache out for YOU to find. It would be nice to at least give some consideration as to why they are annoyed. What could it hurt?

It's okay for TFTH but not okay for copy/paste? Me, on a long day of caching when you found over 100 and we're suppose to come up with unique logs 100 times? Especially series or power trails when all the caches look the same? There is a time and place for copy and paste. But I try to add something to it if the cache is memoriable. And yes I know how it feels. I had over the weekend two copy and paste logs on a cache I own that has 18 favorite points and fun reading logs. And these two cachers treated it like it was Park n Grab.

It's okay for TFTH but not okay for copy/paste? Me, on a long day of caching when you found over 100 and we're suppose to come up with unique logs 100 times? Especially series or power trails when all the caches look the same? There is a time and place for copy and paste. But I try to add something to it if the cache is memoriable. And yes I know how it feels. I had over the weekend two copy and paste logs on a cache I own that has 18 favorite points and fun reading logs. And these two cachers treated it like it was Park n Grab.

I don't think anyone is going to object to copy/paste on a Power Trail. In my opinion, the repetitiveness of a Power Trail warrants a copy/paste log.

I don't think anyone is going to object to copy/paste on a Power Trail. In my opinion, the repetitiveness of a Power Trail warrants a copy/paste log.

Also, as Uncle Alaska pointed out (and I think the varying opinions put forth here prove) there's really no reason to fret over the type of log you leave. You are eventually going to encounter a CO who disagrees with you.

Also, as Uncle Alaska pointed out (and I think the varying opinions put forth here prove) there's really no reason to fret over the type of log you leave. You are eventually going to encounter a CO who disagrees with you.

Like I mentioned I cured one by only posting "." on their caches.

edit typo

Edited by jellis
1424846624[/url]' post='5477057']
1424845677[/url]' post='5477053']
1424845505[/url]' post='5477052']
1424843202[/url]' post='5477040']

Like I mentioned I cured one by only posting "." on their caches.

edit typo

That gives me an idea, the next time I find a cut-n-paster's cache I'll cut n paste. "Out caching with my dog. Thank you geodog for organizing this walk. Our goal was to find 2 caches today and we surpassed it by one. Thank you Tim Hortons for supplying the coffee. And thanks to the cache owners for the finds."

Wish they had a rule for that. Have it instead of just a Maximum of characters but a minimum. Like more then 20. TNLNSL TYFTH would be too short.

So we update our auto logging or whatever to make it TNLNSL TYFTH 0000000. It would just result in more garbledygook on the page. At least TFTC gets to the point.

A little off topic, but are you aware that no one reads down to the cache-specific portion?

Obviously a stretch to say 'no one' reads it. I get responses relating to the cache-specific portion frequently. I do plan to reverse the order after reading through some suggestions here, though.

Oh, and by the way, by the time I get to the 10th log, I'm starting to get a little annoyed at all the wasted space I'm having to climb over to get to the logs that actually have content. I think you use a cut&paste intro because you're thinking of each log in isolation, but when I'm following your path 2 days later, I see them as a collection, and the redundancy really starts to add up.

I just thought you might want to know that.

With all due respect, I don't care how annoyed the CO feels about the length of my log. I write logs according to the experience I had for the day. I also write logs in a fashion that I would enjoy people writing when they log my caches. I enjoy reading logs stating the day other caches had. I'll have to lump your being annoyed with a length or repetitive copy/paste portion in with the COs who are annoyed by a simple TFTC.

You're complaining about having to flick your fingers a couple times to scroll down the page...seriously?

I'm kind of sorry to hear you post like that. I was more on your side before reading that. I see that you have a fair number of hides out. I did not take time to look at them to try to guess how much effort went into them, but even the simplest LPC or stop sign hide takes some effort. More elaborite caches can take days or weeks or more, and cost tens, hundreds, or even thousands of dollars (yes, we had one like that here). I hope you aren't telling me that cache owners don't have a right to their opinion, and a right to vocalize that opinion, when it comes to long copy/paste logs, OR TFTC logs. WE (cache owners, including yourself) put that cache out for YOU to find. It would be nice to at least give some consideration as to why they are annoyed. What could it hurt?

Well, the obvious answer is, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. Don't find more caches in a day than you can properly log.

However... I completely understand that there are power trails and generic caches everywhere these days. No, I don't think there's anything wrong with copy/paste or TFTC on those. Odds are, the cache owner isn't checking the logs on those anyway, and very little thought likely went into the hide in the first place. But it is the abundance of these generic caches that has given rise to copy/paste boilerplate logging, and it affects those of us that do hide caches that take time and thought and are NOT generic.

That gives me an idea, the next time I find a cut-n-paster's cache I'll cut n paste. "Out caching with my dog. Thank you geodog for organizing this walk. Our goal was to find 2 caches today and we surpassed it by one. Thank you Tim Hortons for supplying the coffee. And thanks to the cache owners for the finds."

This log was approved by my dog.

It's okay for TFTH but not okay for copy/paste?

Yes. If you're going to be vacuous, then at least keep it short.

Me, on a long day of caching when you found over 100 and we're suppose to come up with unique logs 100 times? Especially series or power trails when all the caches look the same? There is a time and place for copy and paste.

If you're doing a power trail, no one wants uniqueness, since no one's going to read individual logs, but I would claim no one wants cut&paste for the same reason, plus the reason that it wastes space. Yes, no one will look at the wasted space, but that should lead you to ask yourself why you're bothering.

But my bugger problem with you here is that you start by saying that it's because you were doing 100 caches in a day, and only secondarily mention power trails. The absolute worst thing you can do is think that it's doing the 100 caches that gives you license to be brief and repetitive. It's not. It's specifically that the caches are in a power trail. The 2 that weren't in a power trail you should be careful to treat as if you found them on another day.

It's okay for TFTH but not okay for copy/paste?

Yes. If you're going to be vacuous, then at least keep it short.

Me, on a long day of caching when you found over 100 and we're suppose to come up with unique logs 100 times? Especially series or power trails when all the caches look the same? There is a time and place for copy and paste.

If you're doing a power trail, no one wants uniqueness, since no one's going to read individual logs, but I would claim no one wants cut&paste for the same reason, plus the reason that it wastes space. Yes, no one will look at the wasted space, but that should lead you to ask yourself why you're bothering.

But my bugger problem with you here is that you start by saying that it's because you were doing 100 caches in a day, and only secondarily mention power trails. The absolute worst thing you can do is think that it's doing the 100 caches that gives you license to be brief and repetitive. It's not. It's specifically that the caches are in a power trail. The 2 that weren't in a power trail you should be careful to treat as if you found them on another day.

Most power trails you can tell which caches are part of it and which are not. I know they are out there but I haven't done any that you can't tell.

Did I do the wrong thing sending an unsolicited email after getting this log? :unsure:

Not that I complained about it. :)

Nice. I've seen a few like that as well over the years. You can bet they won't be writing nice logs like that for long, once they see how most other cachers log their finds.

If you're so bitter about the whole log thing, why do you still play this game? It's not good for your blood pressure or ulcers.