1st Annual Devil of a Summer Picnic!!!

SunCrushNJ

The Team Ekitt10 gang is thinking about camping out. We're still not 100% sure we can commit to the day, but if so we will be camping.

It's even more appealing because we suspect several things. 1: The will be NO midnight trips to Midas. 2: The will be NO 3:14am local freight train deliveries, 3: The presence of an all night rap session will be less likely. icon_wink.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Team Ekitt10:

The Team Ekitt10 gang is thinking about camping out. We're still not 100% sure we can commit to the day, but if so we will be camping.

It's even more appealing because we suspect several things. 1: The will be NO midnight trips to Midas. 2: The will be NO 3:14am local freight train deliveries, 3: The presence of an all night rap session will be less likely. icon_wink.gif

Well, pretty sure you're right on #'s 1 and 2, and I would be very hopeful on #3. You forgot to mention 4: the 12:30am fireworks display and/or shootout at the notOK corral.

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

icon_biggrin.gif I'm going to reserve a camping place this weekend. I can say this by looking at the Forest map... the camping will be on the same street as the Picnic, just further down the road!! Looking forward to seeing all!! When I get a lot # I will place it on here so others can request to get a spot near eachother.

I will be going to the Rangers Office tomorrow and ask abuot the reservation needed for a group camping site.. and how many people can stay in one certain group site... anyone willing to share the same space?? Just let me know here so I may tell them a rough figure of how many. Thanks!!

quote:
Originally posted by bldebabe:

Whats the date of this event?

6/21/2003

See the hidden on: date at the top of the page. Thats USUALLY the date for an event.

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

icon_biggrin.gif Well I finaly made it to Byrne State Forest Office today!! WooHoo!! Ok.. first things first... the date this was hidden 6/21/03 is the date of the picnic (Saturday). Now... some bad news. Many of you were looking forward to getting a group camp site.. it didnt matter when i asked about it they are all reserved for the whole month and it was a while back they filled up. So... I got our camp site #32.. look on NJSKI's camp layout sheet on the picnic cache page.. the yurts are al taken.. but the rest of the camp sites are avaliable and will probably be the day of the event. Were the only camp site reserved in that area and the whole park for that matter of a fact. Camping costs: $10.00 a night.. but here's the catch and i was not told of this on my first visit. You have to reserve it for two nights.. so its $20.00 and if you do it in advance you have to pay $7 reservation fee. We got ours free cause the girl who reserved the picnic area screwed up and didnt give me a camping site included in the price for all... thank god someone knew what they were doing in there today!! So.. you can have 6 people to a camping site and 2 tents... not sure about cars.. I dont think it would matter( maybe maybe not). So if you are wanting to camp out.. sites #31 and 30 are like 50 ft away from the site #32. Where the restrooms and the drinking water pump is located. If there is a sold body person looking to camp out on Friday night and Saturday night.. you are more than welcome to email me and ask if the space is still free and you may join us. We are looking to be at the park around 5:00-5:30 pm on Friday... and then stay till noon Sunday day, when they kick us out. Heehee... I hope this is enough information. Please feel free to call them at the number on the web site on the cache page for more information. Thanks S.C.
icon_wink.gif Hello.. Hello.. Hello!! I just wanted to remind any of you out there, who would like to hide a cache out for this Picnic. Is more than welcomed too. Please email myself a copy of the cache sheet so I may print it out and place them in the packs, we will hand out at the event. Also the prises's have changed.. dont want any hurt feelings, so there going as door prizes. I have already gotten a cache sheet copy from NJSKI, looks like a great one to do. Thanks and looking forward to seeing everyone.. more updates as the date approaches.

icon_wink.gif Hi all, just another update. I have had someone ask if they could hide a cache in Greenwood Wildlife Management Area for this event. Its down the road alittle on 72 but it is connected with Byrne State Forest (Lebanon). Please feel free to hide any you want out there, again I ask if you can send a link to the cache page so I may copy it for the packets of cache sheets we will be passing out. I need them by June 19th.

Thanks S.C.

icon_razz.gif Okay... its only 12 days away. I was wondering if anyone might wanna share where they might be camping out at, which site numbers so that we may be able to get a better look at where everyone will be, if you are staying the night. Remember Trauma and I are in site #32. And if we might be able to start sorting out.. who can bring what? I think we have the hot dogs/hamburgers taken care of and some chips. KenDAwg has offered to bring a pack of water and Bayberry has offered a pasta salad.. sounds yummy guys and thanks. please let me know here or by email if you can help... thanks again S.C. P.S. We have so far 14 caches hidden through out the park and neighboring area so we are looking at a good time, on top of the 10 chaches out there already. Please do not feel over whelmed by the amount of caches.. do which ever you want to do. All of them that are hidden will be permanent caches for future caching.
icon_razz.gif Hey all... okay, time to let everyone know which camoing site you may have so we all know where everyone is. Were in site #32. Again if we can have what you will br bringing to share at the picnic.. Trauma and I have the hotdogs/hamburgers and some chips covered. Bayberry has offered pasta salad and Ken has offered some bottled water. Thanks guys!! There are 14 new caches hidden out in the park.. which will be approved on June 21st, so you may be FTF on them. Please do not feel over whelmed by this.. with the others already in the park. These are all permanet caches and will be here for future cachers. Thanks again S.C.

quote:
Originally posted by S.C. & T.J.:

P.S. If you would still like to hide one in the park your more than welcomed. Or the Greenwood Wildlife Management area down the street from the Picnic. just remember to give me a link to the cache so it may be added to the cache sheet packets. Thanks S.C.

Please check with Suncrush before hiding another cache in the area. The caches hidden for the event won't appear on a search yet, we don't want you hiding a cache right on top of a cache already hidden for the event. Thanks!

Just now learned about this forum icon_frown.gif and cant make it to this picnic due to both of us working that day.....seems we spend our time 2 steps behind suncrush and trauma junkie in finding caches so this feels about right icon_wink.gif

If there are going to be any others in the future please let us know....I have a sneaking feeling we live very close to njski and trauma/suncrush so a get together would be great!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Hope you guys have a great time and the weather is nice to you..... icon_cool.gif

Hey.. Hey.. Hey.. Only 4/5 days left till this picnic. Thanks for all the offers guys. they would be greatly appreciated. I am now getting the cache sheets all stapled together, my what a big pack of cache sheets!! Dont forget to copy any of the cache's that are already in the park. I will not have copies of those except for 3 of them that we have yet to hit. We have choosen to can the prizes we really had no clue on how many were coming and there were too many caches hidden.. so maybe next year. But remember to bring an item, signature or not so we can put them all together in one container and hide it for others to see what a good time we had/will have and the 1st person who shows up group/person and gives me the secret "Jermey" L shaped secret geo handshake on yor head will get to name it. So far we have people bringing:

grill tools/charcoal

plates/plastic wear

hotdogs/hamburgers

ketchup/mustard that kind of stuff

rolls

chips/pretzles

brownies/cupcakes

pasta salad

soda/water/juice

baked beans

probably more too

Everything to make a Jersey Devil hungry!!

I have gotten rid of the technical stuff.. so people can just relax, chat, eat and geocache. Looking forward to seeing you all there. Trauma and myself will be out there Friday night until Sunday at noon when they kick us out of the campgrounds!!

*** Weather so far is calling for scattered showers... dont worry you'll still get plenty of caching done... i know for a fact alot are just off the main roads and some off in trails. *** Alittle rain wont hurt us!! Were geocachers... we cache in rain, snow, sleet, hail and beautiful weather!! See Ya There!!

Thanks S.C. Stay Tuned for more detils...

The Weather for Saturday's event. Its temps are 70 degrees high 55 degrees low. Rain 60 percent chance!! So bring light rain gear just incase. No thunderstroms, hail, tornados, hurricanes and sleet. LOL I hope all will come. We have just gotten a new cache in from a fellow geocacher who hide what looks like a great one off a trail in the park. I will be setting up camp tomorrow afternoon and will not be back at my computer till Sunday afternoon. So if you have anymore out there I need them tonight!! Thanks S.C.

Great event! Thanks for organizing the picnic, SC & TJ. Had lots of fun finding the caches both alone and with a team. Good food too.

There's a bonus cache (Here Comes The Sun...crusher and Traumajunkie) that I found after the picnic disbanded. (Lots and lots of sand road driving the way I got there. icon_smile.gif ) I'll check back later to see if it is posted.

Yes!! it was a suprise when the guys returned to the event stating they had made an evil cache in our namesake. Thanks guys that was so nice of you. I found the cache!! WOOHOO!! 2nd to find after Stayfloopy.. glad he was able to get it before he left so he didnt need to make a return trip!! [icon_wink.gif]

Nice to be able to find that evil cache. (I'm not so sure it's evil... maybe just a bit twisted. icon_smile.gif )

Actually, I'll have to return anyway to find PVC Prize when that gets hidden. But don't worry. Seeing as how I went home and didn't stay in a motel even though I was coming back to South Jersey the next day, the whole area's probably in my neighborhood or something. Maybe I'll find it on the way to work. icon_smile.gif