Geocaching 15 year anniversary

StadsAlv

The 15 year anniversary is coming up! Has anything been decided on an official date and event souvenir? If there is one?

3d of May would be the anniversary of the first cache, but all the 10 year events I've seen were on the 1st of May 2010, a Saturday. Will the official date be the 2d of May according to that logic, since it's a Saturday?

I'm eager to start planning :)

The 15 year anniversary is coming up! Has anything been decided on an official date and event souvenir? If there is one?

3d of May would be the anniversary of the first cache, but all the 10 year events I've seen were on the 1st of May 2010, a Saturday. Will the official date be the 2d of May according to that logic, since it's a Saturday?

I'm eager to start planning :)

For that years celebration they allowed to be held on one of the following dates- 4/30/10 to 5/3/10: most people did May 2nd which was a saturday (I attended 5)

May 1, 2000, President Bill Clinton's executive order to discontinue Selective Availability allowing users to receive a non-degraded GPS signal globally was executed.

On May 2, 2000, at approximately midnight, eastern savings time, the switch controlling "Selective Availability" was thrown. Twenty-four satellites around the globe processed their new orders, and instantly the accuracy of GPS technology improved tenfold. Tens of thousands of GPS receivers around the world had an instant upgrade.

On May 3, 2000 Dave Ulmer placed the very first geocache, The Original Stash, a black bucket, in the woods near Beaver Creek, Oregon. Along with a logbook and pencil, he left various prize items including videos, books, software, a can of beans and a slingshot.

I'm already in the works with another local cacher near me for a big 15th Birthday Party For the 1st Geocache.. party games/ b-day cake / door prizes in the planing stages right now