search finds nothing

Had a premier membership havnt played for a while downloaded basic membership and when I search no results are found even if I'm standing next to a known cache should I un install and re download or did I not set something up correctly

I don't understand what you are trying to ask. If you have a premium membership, why on earth would you try to "download basic membership"? Do you mean you downloaded an "Intro App"? Which app? What device?

Had a premier membership havnt played for a while downloaded basic membership and when I search no results are found even if I'm standing next to a known cache should I un install and re download or did I not set something up correctly

It sounds like you have downloaded an app, as one does not "download" Basic Membership.

If it is an app you are talking about, which app? Is it the Groundspeak free Intro App? For which phone?

Help Center - Apps

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.book&id=12

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

Interesting. The information under your avatar has "Tadpole" which indicates a basic member, but it shows +Premium Member under that.

I am assuming that you are searching for caches while in the field using the "intro" app. The intro app limits the geocaches you will see. GS has changed the criteria it uses so I'm not sure what they're using now. It would exclude caches with higher D/T ratings and, I assume, excluded Premium Member Only caches as well. The full "paid" app will show all caches, unless you're a basic member, and then it will only exclude PMO caches.

Interesting. The information under your avatar has "Tadpole" which indicates a basic member, but it shows +Premium Member under that.

I am assuming that you are searching for caches while in the field using the "intro" app. The intro app limits the geocaches you will see. GS has changed the criteria it uses so I'm not sure what they're using now. It would exclude caches with higher D/T ratings and, I assume, excluded Premium Member Only caches as well. The full "paid" app will show all caches, unless you're a basic member, and then it will only exclude PMO caches.

The forum software does not update when you let Premium Membership lapse. I know that, as I also showed as "PM" here in the forums when I was not a PM.

"Tadpole" is only indicative of the number of posts made in the forum. That will change as more posts are made. (Posts made in the Off Topic forum don't add to one's post count.)

As we know, the forum software is not the same as geocaching.com's software.

B.

The forum software does not update when you let Premium Membership lapse. I know that, as I also showed as "PM" here in the forums when I was not a PM.

"Tadpole" is only indicative of the number of posts made in the forum. That will change as more posts are made. (Posts made in the Off Topic forum don't add to one's post count.)

As we know, the forum software is not the same as geocaching.com's software.

B.

I kind of figured that to be the case. I didn't know that Tadpole was based on the number of posts.

I think several people have identified the issue (use of the Intro app, and the somewhat common confusion between the Intro vs. paid app and membership levels.