Geocaching cake

Ma & Pa

We hosted our 9th annual Ice Walk Event yesterday. Cachers put on snowshoes and cross the ice to one of two islands to grab caches. This year we have had 3 major snowstorms in the last week or so, thus creating a challenge for the cachers.

http://coord.info/GC5H6HR

When they return, everyone meets to relax, to tell their stories and enjoy comfort food and treats. For the second year in a row, one of the cachers (SPIRIE) has made a geocaching cake. Here is this year's cake

Note that the gps is also edible

1ab5140f-e6de-4327-a375-a0c41ab18493.jpg

Everything in this picture is edible

be673a5c-8d11-46cc-846b-94a2683e0d76.jpg

Here is last year's cake

6771075f-eeef-41cd-a264-528fc2196c02.jpg

PAul

Not cake but here are donuts. This is Canada so they are Tim Hortons donuts

Sorry for being a bit off-topic.

Have to diet just looking at pics. :)

Haven't ventured into Canada for some time (pre-caching days, every-other weekend) and don't recall stopping at a TH.

You guys get around, how are they compared to say, DD?

I tried to get a DD to do similar (logo colors) for an event, but couldn't swing it.

Edited by cerberus1

Haven't ventured into Canada for some time (pre-caching days, every-other weekend) and don't recall stopping at a TH.

I tried to get a DD to do similar (logo colors) for an event, but couldn't swing it.

We spend quite some time driving in the US and notice the DD stores. They are never as busy as the TH stores in Canada. Here going to TH is part of the routine for many people. There are long line ups at the drive thrus in the morning where someone picks up all the coffee for the office, then at coffee break time there is another lineup. Every little village seems to have a Timmy's. I once counted more than 30 cars at a drive thru in Richibouctou NB. It would be faster to go inside to order

I am not a big Tim Horton coffee and donut fan, but I do stop when travelling for inexpensive soups and sandwiches. The menu is similar to DD but the donuts seem nicer at DD.

When I want inexpensive coffee and muffins we go to Mac Donalds because they are cheaper, the coffee is better, you can get a refill for your coffee and you can read newspapers for free.

A few weeks ago we went out of town for the weekend and was running late and stopped at a Dunkin' Donuts around 1:00PM. My son wanted a doughnut so we asked for a couple and were told "We're out of doughnuts, do you want a bagel?"

Wait...the name of the store is Dunkin' Donuts...and you're out of doughnuts?

In the U.S. Krispy Kreme is probably closer to Tim Horton's than DD. Personally, I think they're way too sweet.

We spend quite some time driving in the US and notice the DD stores. They are never as busy as the TH stores in Canada. Here going to TH is part of the routine for many people. There are long line ups at the drive thrus in the morning where someone picks up all the coffee for the office, then at coffee break time there is another lineup. Every little village seems to have a Timmy's. I once counted more than 30 cars at a drive thru in Richibouctou NB. It would be faster to go inside to order

I am not a big Tim Horton coffee and donut fan, but I do stop when travelling for inexpensive soups and sandwiches. The menu is similar to DD but the donuts seem nicer at DD.

When I want inexpensive coffee and muffins we go to Mac Donalds because they are cheaper, the coffee is better, you can get a refill for your coffee and you can read newspapers for free.

Thanks. :)

Did turn out our local grocer's bakery gave us just what we needed anyway, so all was saved.

A few weeks ago we went out of town for the weekend and was running late and stopped at a Dunkin' Donuts around 1:00PM. My son wanted a doughnut so we asked for a couple and were told "We're out of doughnuts, do you want a bagel?"

Wait...the name of the store is Dunkin' Donuts...and you're out of doughnuts?

In the U.S. Krispy Kreme is probably closer to Tim Horton's than DD. Personally, I think they're way too sweet.

Still off topic

Nothing is as good as a Kispy Kreme when the light comes on. They literally melt in your mouth. Puts TH to shame. I first heard of Krispy Kreme while thru hiking the Appalachian trail. We were sitting on the edge of a cold shelter in North Carolina when one of the southern hikers noticed the lights of a town way off in the distance. He said it reminded him of the times that he and his girlfriend would sit in the car at Krispy Kreme waiting for the red light to come on, and described how they would run in when it came on to get the hot donuts.