FTF Geocacher Magazine

Rustynails

Boy, I didn't even know that was still being published in 2014, George! I remember some old threads about it here... a search will turn up some info, but probably nothing that will help you out. From all that I remember, the publisher was a standup guy. Have you read all the 2014 issues? I suspect you will hear from him.

I got a gift subscription for Christmas and received two issues so far. All are dated 2014. What's going on with that? Am I getting ripped off? Did this happen to others ?

I did email them and I'm waiting for a reply.

They publish their mag on the off months so they just work like that.

Very off! One issue is dated September-October 2014. Got it in January and that's not right.

I got a gift subscription for Christmas and received two issues so far. All are dated 2014. What's going on with that? Am I getting ripped off? Did this happen to others ?

Very off! One issue is dated September-October 2014. Got it in January and that's not right.

It's not exactly Conde Nast over there. They rely on unpaid submissions and only publish a few times a year. They probably thought you'd appreciate a couple of back issues instead of waiting months to get one at all.

They probably thought you'd appreciate a couple of back issues instead of waiting months to get one at all.

+1 I have actually had professionally published magazines do that when I first subscribed.

They probably thought you'd appreciate a couple of back issues instead of waiting months to get one at all.

+1 I have actually had professionally published magazines do that when I first subscribed.

Is the stuff from last fall outdated? Or still interesting reading? I would not want an old news magazine (eg, Time), but i've gotten back issues of hobby-type mags and enjoyed them. Still, it's not common practice to go back more than one issue as part of a paid subscription.

Is the stuff from last fall outdated? Or still interesting reading? I would not want an old news magazine (eg, Time), but i've gotten back issues of hobby-type mags and enjoyed them. Still, it's not common practice to go back more than one issue as part of a paid subscription.

The magazines I received were very enjoyable. Lots of fun articles and great stories. I don't regret getting them. Just want to be up to date. Looking forward to the remaining issues.

I have never heard a discouraging word about this guy or his magazine, and he has succeeded where many others have failed in the past (and don't even go there with "Geocacher Magazine" :huh:) I've never subscribed, as I already get too many magazines at home I never even look at. Just give him some time, and I'm sure you'll be very happy.

Been getting FTF Geocacher magazine since it started and can say that i've really enjoyed reading every issue. To the OP, your 2014 is correct. You probably won't see the Jan-Feb 2015 issue until March.

By the way, check out the Micro Cacher Spotlight on page 3 of the Sep-Oct 2014 issue if you have it. She's a cutie (takes after her Mom) fer sure! :D

I finally read my first issue, which I've had for almost a month, but it got shuffled away! I really enjoyed it - actually ended up e-mailing a few of the geocachers featured in it because I enjoyed reading about their experiences so much! It's also through the magazine that I found out about MOGA, which is taking place just a few hours away from me this year. We're not going to be there for a whole weekend, but I'm definitely going to drag my guy to it! So excited to go to my first Mega! All in all, I hemmed and hawed about subscribing initially because 1. I am a very casual player, not nearly as hardcore as a lot of others, and 2. money was a little tight, and this was a luxury, not a necessity. Now that I've experienced my first issue, though, it was well-worth it, especially with the geocoins included with my subscription. Good, fun read, and the only potentially "dated" material I noticed was the list of events. Otherwise, the magazine is full of anecdotes and such whose timing doesn't effect the readers.

• Helpful 1

Another post I am just finding, this one 4 years after the fact! Really interesting reading and wish I'd known to respond back when these questions were being asked. Oh well, better late than never. Yes, the whole "publication date" issue is one I screwed up from the beginning. I finally dropped the publication dates from the magazine in their entirety since, as MMaru notes above, there is nothing that's really time-sensitive in most of the content. As for the magazine itself, I am still around still publishing as more or less random but mostly-bimonthly intervals. In fact I just sent my 62nd issue to press this weekend.