I Found a GeoCoin 2700km from the cache it is showing in

LucasDavids

Im sure this would have been mentioned before but i haven't had any luck finding anything on the forums.

Today i visited a cache GC40BFX where i found a GeoCoin TB2TQM4 tht was showing up as last having been placed in a cache GC21NTG in January 2011. There were some logs noting that it was not in the cache. I will list what i have done but i just wanted to find out if there was anyspecific manner in which i can get this coin going again.

I have noted in the GeoCoin log where i found it. I retrieved it from the original cache it was still listed as being in without logging a visit because no i did not travel 2700km in one day today! I marked the Coin as having visited the log i found it in. And i have also sent a message to the Coins owner to let them know.

My next step will be to place the coin in a new cache though i may wait a little while and see if the Coins owner gets back to me with any specific instructions.

Just wondering if i have done the right thing or if there is anything i could have done better or differently.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I think what you've done so far is great! I also would wait as you are doing to see if the coin owner wants something specific done with the coin. I had one go missing and turn up a couple of years later. I asked the cacher to mail it back to me and paid the postage. He may want something like that or maybe he will say just put it into another cache.

Most likely someone had it and just recently found it. They dropped it in a cache anonymously to get it going again.

Great job! Also great job coming here to ask about it! Welcome to the geocoin forum!