Which category for this?

I've seen several topic threads asking where something goes, and now I have the same question. I do not mind if this thread is reused in the future for similar queries.

But to get on to the immediate question. Sorry for the poor cell phone photo, but is there a category for this?

Church%20Playhouse.jpg

What you are looking at is a mini-church that was built for a Christmas float, and was deliberately designed ahead of time to be reused as a playhouse at our church (building visible at left). It doesn't qualify as a tiny church, because it is not used for that purpose. It was only a "church" on the float, but is now a "church-shaped" playhouse.

Not sure if it fits in any category at all. But it is an interesting little building, so I was wondering.

Thanks.

Hummm, you said it isn't used as a mini waychapel.... Good question

Unoccupied Buildings, Shacks, and Cabins perhaps??????????????

Unoccupied means Abandoned, so this will not work. If the small church looks like the real one, then maybe Exact Replicas could be worth a try, but their limitation to "known" originals might be tricky.

Relocated Structures? Well, I guess it was never located in the first place.

I guess we have to face the fact that not every interesting thing in the world can be waymarked.

I do see similar things around -- large outdoor playhouses that are usually on private property. Or, they are part of a park play structure.

Want a "miniature church" category? I have an interesting one from Korea I could submit.

Yep, I agree that not everything that looks interesting is Waymarkable. Probably this belongs in the Roadside America site!

Miniature churches sounds interesting, but in all fairness, this one is not, and never was, a functioning church. It was just made to look like a church.

If there were a category for interesting, publicly available playhouses, then this would qualify. But such a category would be far too limited, is my guess.

Oh well, it was worth a try.

Now on to the next "where does this belong?" ...

I came across a substantial monument that was erected by local Boy Scouts and is dedicated to the demise of the passenger pigeon once plentiful in the area. It does not meet the category criteria for Scouting or Animal subcats under Monuments and a subcat is required.

Any suggestions where this can be placed? Thanks.

It doesn't state that this was an Eagle project.

I seem to find only categories that it does NOT fit into.

I am unable to post a photo. None of my photo sharing links are working here.

How else to attach one? Thanks for suggestions.

Historic markers? Signs of history? Eagle Scout projects?

Can you post a photo, and if there is a plaque, of that too, please? That will help me help you. :)

No, it is a stone monument about 6 feet tall, like a headstone or war memorial, that marks the extinction of the passenger pigeon.

It is not a nature information panel.

here finally is a picture

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh496/HaricotVert_52/20160807_145055_zps2kxbvdbz.jpg

It sure seems like something that should be waymarked, but it also seems not to fit in any existing category.

No, it is a stone monument about 6 feet tall, like a headstone or war memorial, that marks the extinction of the passenger pigeon.

It is not a nature information panel.

here finally is a picture

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh496/HaricotVert_52/20160807_145055_zps2kxbvdbz.jpg

It sure seems like something that should be waymarked, but it also seems not to fit in any existing category.

This may be an argument for a category 'waymarkers choice'. It would be like favorite points for geocachers. If you have a certain number of waymarks you get a wildcard where you can waymark something that doesn't fit a category.

This one had me stumped. Thank you very for the suggestions!

This monument can go into Relief Art category and also Signs of History. Great find :)

The Animal Memorial category won't accept this since it's not erected to a SPECIFIC single pigeon, but Figurative Public Sculpture will accept it because it is based on an animal. :)

Have fun!!

Benchmark Blasterz, thank you.

The one and maybe more are not part of a fire department though will assist when needed.

I was even surprised when researching the S & R to learn that they cover a huge area. There are at least 25 members of their team and so on...

Hope we can find a place to waymark it.

Has there been any local news coverage of them or their operations? If so, perhaps you could waymark the site in News Article Locations. :)

Fellows, in which category shall I insert a memorial plaque located on a spot where an international Red Cross officer was shot in Sarajevo during the war in Bosnia and Herzegovina?

Torgut -- Can you post a photo? Depending on what the plaque looks like, it might also go in Political Revolutions.

I don't think this is a situation for Political Revolutions (a category I really dislike anyway). Red Cross has nothing to do with politics, it's just a homage to an officer from that organization who was shot down. The homage has a reference to the work of the organization as a whole. And it's a plaque, nothing in the image that will change this :-)

f84cde80-85af-4e0d-aae6-ea811b58a885.jpg

I think the first one could maybe go into Relief Art Sculptures (flowers are very nicely done). Can you do some internet research and find a newspaper article about the plaque dedication ceremonies? If so, they can go into News Article Locations.

Other categories I considered and eliminated:

Citizen memorial - not honoring anyone specific

Signs of history - not explaining any one historic event

Disaster memorials - again, not one specific event

Dated structures multifarious - not a building

Commercial commemorations - not one event

Here's a statue I found in 2013 and couldn't decide what category. I know the Sculptures categories can be hard to figure out. Can some of the experienced members here help me out. FWIW these are the only photos I have for this sculpture. It is created with bits of metal collected along the old railway. The bench is also constructed from old railway rails.

More info from a geocache listing:

The Trackman statue that you see is the third one on this site. They were all constructed from broken railway hardware. The first Trackman was erected in 1993 and a few years later it disappeared. Ten years later another was set up but it did not last too long either. The current one was built in 2010. (Hopefully this one will stay).

5b516ea3-e003-47dd-99e0-847d0b36b484.jpg

b47834ac-b308-4e87-aa33-0ec85862cbc6.jpg

34c1869d-f0e9-4bf8-9b51-65a5639a86bd.jpg

Thanks for the advice.

Okay, I have spent days researching 9 Civil War soldiers' located in a small cemetery. Did I just miss something, or is there not a category for these grave sites? There are categories for the American Revolutionary War Veteran Graves, American Revolution Patriot Graves, American Civil War Monuments and Memorials (not for individual graves), and U.S. Civil War General Statues.

No home for these brave men who fought and died for the Freedom of ALL Americans.

Okay, I have spent days researching 9 Civil War soldiers' located in a small cemetery. Did I just miss something, or is there not a category for these grave sites? There are categories for the American Revolutionary War Veteran Graves, American Revolution Patriot Graves, American Civil War Monuments and Memorials (not for individual graves), and U.S. Civil War General Statues.

No home for these brave men who fought and died for the Freedom of ALL Americans.

Are these men buried together, or scattered through the cemetery? If they are together, that could be a veterans cemetery set aside out of a larger cemetery. If these are Union graves, it could be a Grand Army of the Republic plot. If so, you can then waymark those graves in Veteran Cemeteries, and tell their stories there.

I came across such a plot in larger cemeteries in Houston and in Fort Worth, and waymarked them that way.

http://www.Waymarking.com/waymarks/WMQENG_Grand_Army_of_the_Republic_Cemetery_Washington_Cemetery_Houston_TX

and

http://www.Waymarking.com/waymarks/WMRJ67_Soldiers_Row_Confederate_Cemetery_Oakwood_Cemetery_Fort_Worth_TX

Edited by Benchmark Blasterz

Here's a statue I found in 2013 and couldn't decide what category. I know the Sculptures categories can be hard to figure out. Can some of the experienced members here help me out. FWIW these are the only photos I have for this sculpture. It is created with bits of metal collected along the old railway. The bench is also constructed from old railway rails.

Trackman should be a Figurative Public Sculpture, as it is recognizable as a human form.

If Trackman is too abstract of a human form for Figurative Public Sculptures then it would likely fit in Abstract Sculptures.

Edited by BruceS

Trackman should be a Figurative Public Sculpture, as it is recognizable as a human form.

If Trackman is too abstract of a human form for Figurative Public Sculptures then it would likely fit in Abstract Sculptures.

Thanks. I submitted it to Abstract Sculptures just after I posted the questions. Still waiting for a result.

Thanks. I submitted it to Abstract Sculptures just after I posted the questions. Still waiting for a result.

I probably won't bother with the bench since 1) I didn;t get too good of a photo of it, 2) it doesn't interest me enough, and 3) i;ve seen others like it, so it's not all that unique (to me anything "artistic" should also be quite unique). Others probably have different opinions, which is what makes the world an interesting place. Glad to be part of it :) until I get reassigned.

This is interesting, try Silhouette Public Art Sculptures and Artistic Seating. This may work in both categories.

Let us know the results.

10 points for you BK-Hunters. Trackman was declined in Abstract Sculptures with a note to submit to Silhouette Public Art Sculptures, which I did. It was approved shortly thereafter. I thought it was too multi-dimentional to be classified as Silhouette - I can see the sculpture has projections in all three visible dimensions, and it was for that reason that I decide to submit to Abstract. There's so much subjectivity with sculptures, that's one of the reasons I seldom waymark them. I'm not complaining, and I don't envy the category managers who must decide which category some sculptures best fit.

Thanks everyone with you help getting this one submitted.

This Waymark has been declined by "Famous fictional figures"

Do you have an idea for an another category to submit it ?

It was declined because (1) he's not famous and (2) he's not fictional!! Everybody knows aliens really DID crash-land in Roswell. (JOKING)

Everyone knows the whole Roswell crash is a hoax -- just like everyone in Texas knows that aliens REALLY crashed into a windmill in Aurora Texas in 1896 and were buried in the town cemetery under a tombstone that said, "here lie 4 of God's creatures". The said tombstone of course vanished and the whole thing passed into legend.) Aurora was a ghost town in Denton county, but had a few housing developments starting up last time we went by, so I guess it has been resurrected.

http://www.Waymarking.com/waymarks/WMWT6_Aurora_alien_burial_site

We have been the the UFO museum at Roswell NM and one of our group came out convinced. The rest of us -- call us . . . Doubtful.

Which is a long silly way of saying, I was also going to suggest epic beings and creatures :) Good luck!

lelievreetlescargot.jpg

Last time i found a category to submit this waymark, which represents a hare and a snail, but i can not find again this category, but may be there is not :sad:

Any idea ?

Simulacra

http://www.Waymarking.com/cat/details.aspx?f=1&guid=f5565982-08c2-4327-b9c2-19ec1ebcef0f

Would also qualify for a locationless cache another site that still allows them (there are a couple out there) - PM for details if you wish

Edited by Bon Echo