Another Geobomb in the news

BKip

Please don't call it a geobomb. That would give the impression that it is intentional, and all it takes is one person to read the one thing and cause problems, even though there are hundreds of thousands of good things said about us.

Chill. :) Actually, There's a "found both" log from way back in 2010. Here it is. My theory? The pipe bomb is a letterbox. Which probably actually gets found more than the cache, seeing as it's not a micro. I have seen a letterbox 10 feet from a Geocache that was signed by almost 50 Geocachers at the time of my visit. :huh:

Please don't call it a geobomb. That would give the impression that it is intentional, and all it takes is one person to read the one thing and cause problems, even though there are hundreds of thousands of good things said about us.

Chill. :) Actually, There's a "found both" log from way back in 2010. Here it is. My theory? The pipe bomb is a letterbox. Which probably actually gets found more than the cache, seeing as it's not a micro. I have seen a letterbox 10 feet from a Geocache that was signed by almost 50 Geocachers at the time of my visit. :huh:

Please don't call it a pipe bomb. That would give the impression that it is intentional, and all it takes is one person to read the one thing and cause problems, even though there are hundreds of thousands of good things said about us.

Are far as chillin', I'm chilled, since it was 15F and windy today.

Please don't call it a pipe bomb. That would give the impression that it is intentional, and all it takes is one person to read the one thing and cause problems, even though there are hundreds of thousands of good things said about us.

Are far as chillin', I'm chilled, since it was 15F and windy today.

Why do "muggles" confuse harmless geocaches as pipe bombs? :blink:

16433044041_0c34f3bbb7.jpg[/url]

Here's a spoiler pic of the cache from a log. I can't believe that anyone called this in as a bomb. The "geobomb" may be the letterbox that's also on the tree.

The throwdown was placed 6/16/2012 and commented on 2 months later, and what apparently caused the problem. It appears to be a tube wrapped in black electrical tape.

Now if there was a question of reimbursing the costs of investigation, the question is really who owns throwdowns?

Here's a spoiler pic of the cache from a log. I can't believe that anyone called this in as a bomb. The "geobomb" may be the letterbox that's also on the tree.

The throwdown was placed 6/16/2012 and commented on 2 months later, and what apparently caused the problem. It appears to be a tube wrapped in black electrical tape.

Nope. Because the log you mention as commenting on it two months later says that the last signature in the small, not a micro, was October 2011. And I have already posted a link to a log from 2010 that says "found both, very confusing".

Bottom line? This cache owner did not place a pipe bomb looking small at this location. The only picture of a geocache in the entire gallery is one of those black film canisters with the lid attached to the body.

Nope. Because the log you mention as commenting on it two months later says that the last signature in the small, not a micro, was October 2011. And I have already posted a link to a log from 2010 that says "found both, very confusing".

Bottom line? This cache owner did not place a pipe bomb looking small at this location. The only picture of a geocache in the entire gallery is one of those black film canisters with the lid attached to the body.

Well, nobody really knows for sure, do they? In May of 2010 another container was found nearby without any signatures, but appeared as if it had been there for awhile. There's likely a throwdown, as well as a container from another site. Perhaps even a throwdown from another site, if there is such a thing. The news photo shows something wrapped in electrical tape.

Perhaps someone found an actual bomb and dumped out the gunpowder, not knowing what it was and placed a log sheet in it. :D

Edited by 4wheelin_fool